Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Toos-Day

Aren't homegroups the coolest? I remember when I made the decision to adopt my homegroup :) It was there that I discovered my sponsor, it was there that I was able to begin healing, it was there that I began to grow up.

Went to a new meeting yesterday at the 202 Club. I saw some familiar faces from my homegroup and meet some new people. My friend "R" volunteered me to lead the meeting. Thank goodness for friends like that ;)

shaking the gr
AAtitude:
- that I came to the realization my life running on Self Will was turning out shattered results
- Step 3
- the promises, for being introduced to a situation that use to baffle me . . . this is not the case today
- "M" teaching me so much in this chapter of our lives
- my eCard Mitch sent me yesterday that made me laugh for 59 seconds
- being able to pick up the phone (cuz if I allow my thinking to happen, that phone will weigh 1 billion pounds, action action action) and be there for a friend in need of some guidence Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks
- trudging littermates
- The Season changing
-pumpkins patches popping up
- YOU, your emails and the simple gesture of your visit, you are the hands of AA

8 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

trudging littermates?
sounds kinda kinky!

 
At 10/03/2006 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I love the change of seasons too.
We have a couple of little pumpkins growing in our garden :)
I am grateful to have you to share
with in the blogsphere Sober Chic:)
Thanks for being you!

 
At 10/03/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Recovery peeps rock! You rock! But more importantly PUMPKINS rock!!!

*muah*

 
At 10/03/2006 5:25 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Been there, it's a cool place.....and how about for those home groups....mine makes me to get real with myself....

 
At 10/03/2006 5:47 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

You are the hands of AA!
Thanks!

 
At 10/03/2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Anonymous tells all . . .

I love my homegroup, too. They even forgave me today after I shared what I just shared on my blog. It's so nice to be loved when we ourselves are unlovable. It is why I stayed in Al-Anon, even before I understood that I needed to work on becoming lovable. Love, ME :-)

 
At 10/03/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Jen R. tells all . . .

Mmmmm..Pumpkin Spice Lattes...and Gingerbread lattes coming soon..I love the fall

 
At 10/03/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Without my home group the odds of staying sober in are not good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home