Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Postponing HNT. . .


I originally had my HNT pics all set up but am not gonna post them today.

I got a message this morning about my sister M (in the fellowship) that went out early this month. Since she has made some contact with me and suggestions about her getting back to walking a clean and sober path. She is now in the hospital with an infection in her heart caused from using. I am told it is very fatal.

I called my sponsor leaving a message this morning. I told her that my emotions about this are layered. Deep down I know I am hurt and fearful but the uppermost layer is anger right now. She had the perfect repsonse, "this is not about you right now" -- not to discard my emotions but to allow some action to take place. She suggested to me some direction.

Again I am asking for your prayers.

I am very grateful to be a sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous. I am thankful to God for blessing me in so many ways. I am very thankful that I do not have to go through this experience alone.

16 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

here for you
will pray for you to have strength and detachment--not to not care but to know you are powerless over someone else's using

but you are not using--for that I am grateful

I am reminded of a story about Lois and Bill--he was lamenting how no one he was working with stayed sober. Lois told him---but you are sober.

I hope M is ok. A longtimer told me how a death in the disease does not go unnoticed-- it doesn't

I pray she be ok but if not, that you will be ok

I love you

 
At 9/28/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

You and M are in my prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}}

 
At 9/28/2006 4:03 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

I will be sending out my prayers

 
At 9/28/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Sending up a prayer for M today.

 
At 9/28/2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Sending prayers for Sober Chick and M.

 
At 9/28/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

I am sorry that this is happening. You and your friend are in my thoughts.

 
At 9/29/2006 6:21 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

a prayer for God/HP's Will and Grace in the lives of your sister M and her family, for you and yours... Thanks for sharing your difficulty with us... we're here for ya.. and hey, there's my fave SC pic, thanks for the warm fuzzy smiles this morning SC!

hugs, hang in there... peace to you and your friend...

 
At 9/29/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Anonymous tells all . . .

We in Al-Anon hear your story all the time. If you want our help and love, we are there for you. Many "double winners" say that they learn to stay sober in AA and learn to live in Al-Anon. I think that AA helps people live, too, but if you need an extra boost, we are here for you. We have the same ism and have all loved an alcoholic. I you care to read some of my journey, you can visit my blog. Blessings!!

 
At 9/29/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Prayers out to your girl. Thanks for sharing with us.

G~

 
At 9/29/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

You and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 9/29/2006 8:49 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

((hugs)) to you

 
At 9/29/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

I threw 12 cents into a wishing well and said a prayer to you and your friend...

 
At 9/30/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

M will be in my prayers, hon.

 
At 9/30/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

You and M are in my prayers, sweetie. Thanks for sharing this so we can be part of it with you, and help you through it.

 
At 9/30/2006 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Sorry to hear about your sister...that is so hard. Bless you all.


Christie

 
At 10/01/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I am so sorry SC, I am sendng my prayers and love her, to heal, and to you and her fellows

 

Post a Comment

<< Home