Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, September 18, 2006

SMILE





I was waiting at Home Depo with Mitch for our 5 gallon of paint buckets to mix. There were many people there seeming not to happy to be waiting. Among the croud of frowns and stiff bodies a couple stood out to me. My eyes gravitated towards them. The woman constanly smiling, and her partner appeared pretty content too as he was communicating with her and the person helping them. Indeed they stood out from all, and I stood watching them allowing their energy to penetrate my presence.

I read that looking at a picture of a cute animal helps stimulate so part of the mind that allows a feeling of happiness. We as recovering alcoholics to are given the gift of seeing the NOW, embracing life sober and learning to humble thyself by appreciating the simpliest things in life. I was able to grasp this concept this weekend by seeing someone smile.

What makes you sMILe?

Shaking the grAAtitude:
- My HP
- Laughter
- Mitch and our babies
- Remembering some fun experiences with my dad as a child (we were on the topic of farts, and I was telling Mitch and his about when my dad would fart, he would do things like roll up the windows in the car, strange you may think but when he was present he was a whole lot of fun)
- the Holidays are coming!!!!!
- Getting the new office painted and moved in this weekend
- the smell of Vanilla
- not fearing honesty
- my sobriety
- all my blogging peeps that come and visit me

20 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

OMG I fick'in LOVE those pictures!!!!!! LOL


((smiling))

 
At 9/18/2006 9:23 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Awwwwwww~

Kids and animals make me smile. My crazy ass husband does a pretty good job too!

 
At 9/18/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

It all made me smile

 
At 9/18/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Thanks for the pics....It drew a smile and warms the heart...thnx....

 
At 9/18/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

Blogging and reading blogs makes me smile and cry and smile and cry and smile and I love it.

Thanks for being...

Oh, and since I got sober, I find that I can be much much more tolerant of time spent in line. I really don't know why.

 
At 9/18/2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

That kitten really got me. I smiled and said "AAAAWWWWW"
Thanks SC.

 
At 9/18/2006 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Hehe! My dad did the samething!!!

LOL!

:-D

Thank you for your note today. I really appreciate it!

Christie

 
At 9/18/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Thanks for the pics! I needed them today!

 
At 9/18/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I am getting excited for the holidays too and I love that story about the farts.. LOL true nothing like a present parent.. right on SC... I love the way you see things.. thanks for the good reminder... HUGS

 
At 9/18/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

OH ps I love the pics too... they made me really smile..

 
At 9/18/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

How sweet are those little babies..

 
At 9/18/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Jen R. tells all . . .

Awesome post..it is so important for us to live today...

 
At 9/19/2006 4:04 AM, Blogger Redhead Gal tells all . . .

Search for the beauty in everyday life...even in waiting lines and fart jokes!

Thanks for the prayer for my Dad and family, SC.

 
At 9/19/2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

What makes me smile? those pics made me smile for sure -- as well as, my animals that are present and my Scout who has passed (thoughts of her STILL make me smile)and recovering peeps and bloggers and kids and my gf and ice cream.....that's just a few.
thanks for a nice post.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 9/19/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Those pics made me smile! So did the thought of a dad making his kids smell his farts. LOL! A few things that make me smile:

~ Sober evenings
~ Doggie kisses
~ Seeing someone belly laugh
~ Visiting my peeps's blogs :)

 
At 9/20/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

you make me smile

your pics of animals made me smile-- especially the hamster--and I am not a big animal lover--

Older couples holding hands

Babies!!!

sunsets

watching love in action

 
At 9/20/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

What is it about dad's? My dad thought there was nothing funnier than to fart in the car and lock the windows.

Fathers are a strange breed...

 
At 9/20/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Your posts make me smile. Oh, here, pull my finger...

 
At 9/20/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

Your hampster photo is really funny!

Poodles make me smile.
Nature makes me smile.
Dancing makes me smile.
Fencing makes me smile, to name a few.

 
At 9/22/2006 7:17 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

my little man-of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home