Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Thank you

Saw "M" 2nite for a brief moment. They did not have to place a tube in her. She is improving only slightly but I will take it! She was only able to get out a few words out. I left her some Dr Suess books (her favorite), read her the card that Alexis, Mitch & I wrote in, and said that "T" will read them to her tonight. :)

I walked away to put the books on the chair, she pulled off her mask and said "I like your sweater." That was so great for me to hear, not the compliment but she is more aware than presented, that she is responsive, that she is fighting!!!

You see, I am so grateful right now. "M" is allowing me to be accountable, to have this ultimate purpose that I have seeked for so long in all the wrong ways. God is giving me this internal strength right now and I cannot explain it . . . but it is fueling passionately within.

My dear friend Christine concluded one of her beautiful emails sent to me with a quote . . .

"Failure is the beginning of wisdom . . ."

11 Comments:

At 10/01/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

You are a good friend. In a difficult situation, you are able to be present.

 
At 10/02/2006 5:31 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Still keeping M in my thoughts and prayers.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 10/02/2006 7:32 AM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

Your last paragraph about being accountable and having a purpose, I know extremely well. My Mom's stroke and lack of recovery has been a part of my everyday life since last October.
It has been another "spiritual awakening" for me.

 
At 10/02/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Jen R. tells all . . .

That is such a great quote! I just wrote a post today that correlates to that...amazing that we had to fail to find everything we needed in life.

 
At 10/02/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I am thankful for humans like you Sober Chic.You have a big heart and soul and you are not afraid to use it to share it with others..I wish M strength and serenity.For you too:)
Thank you for your honest posts here.
Sending you hugs.
Tab xo

 
At 10/02/2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

SC, you blow me away. I hold you and your sister/friend in my heart and prayers. What a miracle you are experiencing RIGHT NOW. Keep hanging onto God's hand. Love that you brought her favorite Dr. Seuss books. You are an incredible gift!

 
At 10/02/2006 6:47 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Thanks so much for sharing this experience. I am glad M was able to tell you she liked your sweater. That is a pretty high level of awareness.

What a sober chick you are!

 
At 10/02/2006 9:13 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Keeping you and M in my prayers. Your strength is so inspiring and uplifting. Thank you so much for sharing.

 
At 10/02/2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Glad M is doing weller. My friend who had a stroke is going to meetings! Sometimes he remembers people and their names! I believe there's someting to this prayer thing! Thanks for being here! Hugs!

 
At 10/03/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

yep, prayer works

that and surrender--

love to you

 
At 10/03/2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

God bless~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home