Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gratitude 2day


Wanting to reflect some gratitude . . . I am grAAteful for:

- my friend's M eMail yesterday
- the phone call from my sponsor
- knowing that this chpater in my life is essential for my sobriety
- my animals, and how they pull me into the moment many times
- the new plants I have adopted -- they are doing well under my care
- juggling with Mitch (more to come on this)
- Katy's eCard and message
- the Season changing
- the color orange and brown and the excitement I get know the Holiday's are approaching
- iTunes update (spoiled)
- my job and that I suit up and am present each day
- being in Love
- and all of your comments left on the last few posts. Gives me the goosebumps, your support and words help me so much. Thank you.

18 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

yeah, this chapter is a part of the process--its all about the process not the outcome

love to you today--

 
At 9/13/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

And I am grateful for you.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 9/13/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Oh Please don't tell me the holidays are coming. I am not ready!

 
At 9/13/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Redhead Gal tells all . . .

Hi SC. Thanks for sharing this list. I know you have gone through a rough time lately.

 
At 9/13/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

You have a lot to be grateful for.......

 
At 9/13/2006 11:24 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

I love it that you are here!

 
At 9/14/2006 6:24 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

gratitude is so yummy, isnt it?

 
At 9/14/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Lovely list. I'm grateful that you're grateful in the midst of really difficult times. Incredible strength, there, girlfriend! Stay strong, sweetie! We love you and are here for you.
Much love, and many hugs.

 
At 9/14/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

I like the one one about the phone call from your sponsor....take care SC.....

 
At 9/14/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

Hi SC,

Doing ok. Thanks for stopping by ans asking. Trying to get a roof on the house before it starts raining - it's been taking most of my energy. Will try to update my blog tomorrow.

Might have to go to Pasadena next month...... maybe we could hook up for coffee?

 
At 9/15/2006 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Hey Beautiful Human..
Have a fab weekend with your man and animals.How did the painting go?
Love Tab :)

 
At 9/15/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

What a GREAT list~ Can't wait to see more about the JUGGLING ;)

 
At 9/16/2006 6:06 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Groovy A-lister of a lassie that ye are (I'm typing in Scottish just fer ye....lol)....I canny agree wi' broon as a colour, y'ken?!

Erm...I mean great list... but I only like my bread brown.

:-D

Kenny .x.

 
At 9/16/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Such richness and love and depth and LIFE in that gratitude list o' yours! Lucky you. Lucky all of us to walk this path together! Hugs to you and your critters from me and mine. :)

 
At 9/16/2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

So glad I read your blog tonight....great to see Grattitude!

I need to go make a list....

XO
Christie

 
At 9/16/2006 11:03 PM, Blogger Jen R. tells all . . .

Thanks for your gratitudes!

 
At 9/18/2006 6:14 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Attitude of gratitude will get you far in life and certainly help carry you through the rough spots.

 
At 9/22/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Fall is one of my favorite seasons!!! I love the colors and smells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home