Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

hAApy HNT

A half Naked Fashionable Baby!

Fashion seems to repeat itself. I can honestly tell you that the shirt I wore above is back in style. My mom must have known some trend factors! I think my Mom played a part of what is my favorite color: Pink


I was inspired by Scott W to use a picture back in the day. Thanks Scott! Come see ALL the inspiration of beautiful people in recovery HERE!

a grAAteful Sober Chick:
- to listen to my Mom laugh this morning on the phone
- my job all the fun we have here in this department
- that I accepted a new job (part-time) as an onLine professor for 2 graphic art classes. I start in 2 weeks, and I am really excited.
- my career evolving
- that today is my Friday! Playing hookie tomorrow.
- Halloween decorations . . . hehee!
- all your comments left on my last post and how I love knowing you all
- despite some character defects, my soul is truly glowing with gratitude of my life
- Mitch and our furballs
- being able to chat live with Katy and laughing so much at some of her kitty stories
- that AA is something I am so blessed to have as a part of my life
- my blogging recovery peeps and some newcomers to my blog. WELCOME!

16 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

What a beautiful child you were....easy to see where the beautiful human being you are today comes from.

 
At 9/21/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

What a little cutie! Even as a child, your inner beauty is so evident in your beautiful smile. :)

 
At 9/21/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/21/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Arrghhh!! (and not in a pirate way) -- What is UP with Blogger today?? Sorry about the deleted comment. The first time I tried to post it, I got some weird message that "no data" was present, so I posted it again, and then it showed up twice, so I had to delete one. Is anyone else experiencing weird problems today? It took me FOREVER to be able to upload a pic for HNT...

 
At 9/21/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

LOL DG, yes blogger can have a Will of its own. I have experiences this all too often.


I am glad you were able to post. :)


Hugs!

 
At 9/21/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Beautiful ~ I will have to join in the fun soon. *MUAH*

 
At 9/21/2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

you are just A D O R A B L E!
then and now... great gratitude, I love your perspective

 
At 9/21/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! tells all . . .

Great post today! Now if I could find some old pics as well...

 
At 9/21/2006 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

You sound great Sober Chic!
Love the pics of mini Sober Chic.
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 9/21/2006 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Great pics! Your Mom did have an eye for fashion. I always enjoy reading your grAAteful lists. It is such a great reminder that there are so many things to be grateful for, that if I were drinking would go un-noticed.

Christie

 
At 9/22/2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

enjoy your weekend SC

love you!

 
At 9/22/2006 6:58 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

too cute SC.
i see you and you and you,
JJ

 
At 9/22/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

You were such a cute little girl. You still have the beauty!

 
At 9/23/2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Look at your cute self, you sweet girl you! Love love love childhood pics. Think I'll follow your lead and do the same next HNT. :)

Hope you're having an awesome weekend!

 
At 9/24/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

Hi SC,

I appreciate the positiveness of your Gratitude Lists. They are uplifting to the soul.

 
At 9/24/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

they're so adorable.....you too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home