Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Checking in: 9-11


5 years ago today our Country lost many lives, but much was gained. People of all sorts came together, and for a moment race, religion, gender and such were not considered a division -- we were all one.

In rememberence of 9-11 . . .

I am truly grateful to be living in a country where I have the privilage of opinion and freedom. However I, along with many fight a different war, a war which seeks freedom from self.

I had a good recovery weekend. Alexis and I still had our recovery girls night out Friday night and got some needed spiritual medicine. I went to my Sunrise meeting Saturday morning, met with some women after and got some support and love from my sponsor. It is strange that my friend's relapse makes me feel so passionate about my sobriety.

Thank you for all of your support. My friend M is toxic right now, and the hardest thing is to not help her until she is willing. Your words and prayers have so much substance to my soul and my recovery.

I am grateful today for a sober morning. I am grateful that I have your support. I will check in with all you through out the day.

17 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Thanks for sharing.....we have gained so much, thanks for the reminder.

 
At 9/11/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

"However I, along with many fight a different war, a war which seeks freedom from self." What an excellent correlation!

We have to honor those who go out. They go out 'for' me, so I don't have to. They show me the meaning of this disease and those in the rooms (and those like you, in the blogosphere) comfort me...as we all suffer a bit with every relapse.

 
At 9/11/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I understand

 
At 9/11/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Hey, sweetie. Your friend's relapse is making your sobriety even more precious to you, which is why you're so passionate about it. You realize its worth, and how easily and carelessly we can forget and discard something we value so highly, and have worked so hard to attain.

Just love her and be there for her.

And thanks for this beautiful tribute to 9-11, too. I accidentally hit "publish this post" when I mean to hit "save as a draft" and you visited and commented before I could correct it - LOL!! Anyway, I did want to tell you that I ended on a positive note, so you may want to go back and read the bit at the end.

Take care of YOU right now, SC. We, here in the blogosphere, love you and value you so much. You have a tremendous heart and such a sweet, caring spirit. I'm sending you a thousand and one cyber hugs!!
(((hugs))) x 1001

 
At 9/11/2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Sober Chic,
You taking care of your self and your inner peace is what makes this world a better place.IF we could all deal with our "issues"..think of the peace ?!I love you for your honesty and big heart Sober.
Thank you for all that you share
with the world :)

 
At 9/11/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

M will be in my prayers. Your remeberence post is perfect.

 
At 9/11/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Thanks for sharing Chick~E

 
At 9/11/2006 4:19 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Thanks for staying sober SC......

 
At 9/11/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

We're all soldiers of sorts, aren't we?

Thanks for soldiering side by side with me.

 
At 9/11/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

Hopefully, when M is ready, she will come back.

Glad you are still sober.

 
At 9/11/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Powerful, thank you.

 
At 9/12/2006 5:29 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Thanks for continuing to visit my place even though I'm under work pressure/eye trouble.

xxx

We remembered 9/11 over here, too. Peace to the world.

 
At 9/12/2006 5:30 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Thanks SC.
I still see you,
JJ

 
At 9/12/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

Good to see you taking care of you! Keep on keepin' on!

 
At 9/12/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Very well said, however I losing Marines in my neighborhood. I hope they don't fade from our memories.

 
At 9/13/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

toxic no good

 
At 9/14/2006 6:24 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

a beautiful rememberance... I continue to pray for M, and of course for you, my friend... I am grateful that I can come to your wonderful blog whenever I need a pick me up!

peace to you and M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home