Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sober Chick

A while back the beautiful JJ sent me a link of a sober chick hat . . .

Isn't that the coolest. So I drew up the little guy myself. :)

Today I am grateful for the power of prayer. I got a call last night from her very loving boyfriend (who has stood by her side, I have been praying for him too) and my friend "M" has improved a great deal in a small amount of time. She is not in the ICU anymore. I can't wait to see her. You know what has happened? It was an opportunity for spiritual growth. My HP Rocks!!!


***I am very grateful for having a job. Regularly they set up dates for blood donation which I think is very cool. We have warehouses all across the country, each month if no one gets hurt each employee recieves 20 bucks! I work at the corporate head quarters and share an office with 3 product developers, one being my supervisor. I laugh so much here, today is no different. My face muscles are getting lots of exercise today. Just found out that we are getting flu shots this month. I am very grateful to be here, just wanted to get this out . . .

I was hired here 2 months before my last drunk. Before that I was fired from a good job. I was very active in my Dz and drinking on the job even passing out in my truck at times . . . I was let go for my behavior having everyone walk on eggshells when I was around. I could not grasp how fortunate I was to have a job at that time, I was spindling out of control towards my rock bottom (getting fired was not it, I needed more), today is different . . . ***

10 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

i love the chickie! how cool is that? do you think they have a hippychickie too?

xoxo hippychick

 
At 10/04/2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

lol@hippychickie!

Good to read M is doing abit better.

Thanks for sharing:)

 
At 10/04/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

good to hear about your friend

 
At 10/04/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

So glad to hear about M.

 
At 10/04/2006 7:23 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

So glad to hear that M is doing better. That is unexpected, isn't it?

 
At 10/04/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Thanks for the share....twenty bucks for not getting hurt, great....hope your back is feeling better.....

 
At 10/05/2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Aww -- what a cute hat and "sober chick"!

 
At 10/05/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

I wish I even had a job!! Trawling the net searching endlessly for one!! Hold on tight to what u got love and get a grip on urself!!

 
At 10/05/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

what a cute chick!

isnt it cool when we get clean and sober and starting living recovery, that we become AWAKE to things... and appreciate things...
awesome chic MUY!

OH when was your 30th?

 
At 10/08/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

It is the cutest lil yellow chicky ~ Could it be a pink chicky?

Very good stuff about prayer and your friend M.

If you have not read yet check this one out. John is reading it now and I immediately thought of it looking at this post.

http://www.90minutesinheaven.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home