Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Juggling Pink

Did you know that I Juggle?



Yes here is the PINK showing up in my life once again (notice the slippers too). How did I ever get into this art you ask? Well my sweatheart Mitch is an x-gymasts. He was in Gamma Phi Circus at Illinois State University. He is very talented, and has taught me how to juggle and do various juggling exercises, like passing and doing double tosses . . . ) I have a long way to go but have enjoyed the process of learning thus far. I have been doing this for 2 years, and I admit it really is theraputic.

Below is Mitch practicing at CAL TECH when he first moved to Pasadena over 5 years ago. He is really awesome, I love watching him and am amazed at how talented and Passionate he is about this art (that is him with his back to the camera, black shorts white stripe.)

We usually juggle at the park but for HNT purposes, I had to get a shot in our home hence the messiness of our new office. It is in transition mode.

shaking the grAAtitude:
- the HNT posts today and the smiles it has brought to my fave
- juggling
- the new dog park we discovered only blocks from home
- a new chapter of recovery with Alexis and "M"
- "M's" progress
- opportunity for spiritual growth
- energy of my sponsor and her husband when they are together (like 2 teenagers, I love it!)
- that when I use to live in darkness you took my hand in yours and helped me find the light . . . that light being the luminance of discovering God's presence
- that I no longer bare the load of shame and guilt on my shoulders.
- Diet 7-Up
- Freckles . . . I came to believe that they are Angel kisses
- Your support and suggestions of solutions when I most need them

PLEASE COME AND VISIT US ON THIS FINE DAY HERE!

12 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Yes, freckles ARE angel kisses! You are coming back stronger than ever, SC! Keep sharing your struggles, as well as your triumphs. It helps all of us to grow along with you.

You are a precious sister, and well loved!

(((hugs)))

 
At 10/05/2006 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

That's actually a really hot picture of you juggling with the pink slippers on! lol
You have so much going for you Sober Chic..I love that you share so much of it here and I have to say I think you and Mitch kick ass.
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 10/05/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

OK, this is my new favorite HNT photo of you! Before it was the blue tongue one. Your pink fuzzy slippers rock! Love to you, my sober sister!

 
At 10/05/2006 1:04 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Ya, fuzzy ones like those...LOL...great post! I can barely juggle the checkbook!

 
At 10/05/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

I consider it to be an spectacular feat if you can just juggle one.....of anything...great pic....have a wonderful day my friend and thanks for the gratitude list...

 
At 10/05/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

What cute pink juggling things. What are they called?

 
At 10/05/2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

I can't even catch a ball with any regularity, so juggling to me is spectacular, also love the anonymity of the pic.

 
At 10/05/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

How cool is that I always wanted to juggle. I could only handle two things at a time.

 
At 10/05/2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Katy tells all . . .

Hello my friend!

I've been away for a while and just got all caught up on your life... What a blessing it is to see God's miracles take place right in front of your blinkers!!! HE IS SO AMAZING huh?!?! :O)

I'm SO happy to hear that "M" is improving... Grace is somethin! She's a lucky lady to have you in her cheering section.

That hat is so totally cute and the resemblance of your rendition is smashingly identical!!! It reminds me of you... A loving, grateful, and happy little chick making her way up from the coup on a new path through life; always looking towards the bright side of things and so full of the HUGE life-changing lightbulb moments - which help her blogging groupies more than she knows ;O) (There's even a lightbulb on top of her head.)

Okay, Juggling? Can I just say how cool! I would love to see a video of you two juggling. The best thing of all is that they are P*I*N*K! My absolute favorite color by the way...

Jeeze, can you count all the things???

-The Color Pink
-Pink Fuzzy Slippers
-Christmas Music
-Holiday Season
-Christmas
-Kitties
-Doggies
-PMS ;O)
-Giggles
-The gift of gab
-The list goes on...

Well I just wanted to send some love your way and let you know I'm still here cheering you on... My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Much Love,
Katy
xoxo

 
At 10/06/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

SC,
Is there ANYTHING you can't do?
I got a good laugh out of the pink sliipers--nice touch, girl.
My gf is teaching to me juggle with three balls -- alas, we only have tennis balls not anything cool like your stuff!
Mitch rocks, too.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 10/08/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

SOO SOOOOO FRICKIN COOOOOOOL~ What kinda tunes are playing when this juggling is taking place?

 
At 10/08/2006 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I am grateful for freckles too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home