Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Friday, October 06, 2006

It's Fri-Day!

Whoooo Hoooo it's Friday, it's Friday, Shake Your Booty!

Shaking the grAAtitude!
Now that I no longer participate in drunken blackouts, I am . . .
- able to remember the conversations I had the night before
- able to look at myself in the mirror minus the self-loathing part
- able to carry the message
- able to be a be a friend
- was able to give my coin that was given to me the day I left Casa (30 days sober then) to "M" last night . . . with a personal prayer attached
- able to keep my plants alive
- able to keep hope alive
- able to feel ALL emotions and know it is ok
- able to see the woman that gave me life and really love her for the Mom she is
- able to reduce the risk of the picture above ENORMOUSLY!
- able to be able

Once upon a time, I succeeded in to the greatest moment of desperation . . . borne from this was an ounce of Willingness followed by the warmest exposure of this powerful phenomenon whom I call God.

14 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Smerdyakov tells all . . .

Hah! I'm sober AND I can still do the self-loathing thing. I totally got you beat.

 
At 10/06/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

luv the pic!!

 
At 10/06/2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

There is NOTHING better than passing down our chips. Especially to M!

 
At 10/06/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Jen R. tells all . . .

Great reminder with the picture!

I am still working with the "able to feel all emotions" things...it's hard

 
At 10/07/2006 12:38 AM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Great photo that looks my parking place. Hey where is Cain.

 
At 10/07/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Nice list, nice pic. I'm grateful I never learned to drive!

 
At 10/07/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

good ables!
and that pic is so funny but kinda true

 
At 10/07/2006 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

haha -- that picture is priceless :P

Thanks for sharing. Nice gratitude list too!

 
At 10/07/2006 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Happy weekend :)

 
At 10/08/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Its already been shook ;) ;) ~ Hope YOUR weekend was shakin too.

G~

 
At 10/08/2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

what is the trick to keeping the plants alive?

 
At 10/09/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

lol, love the photo!!

 
At 3/01/2007 10:33 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Hi Sober Chcik

thank you very, very, very, very, very much for your love and support whilst I was in hospital. You and the other guys helped me through.

I won't forget that. You rock, hon.

(((HUG)))

Kenny x

 
At 3/01/2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Erm.Trying to leave a "thank you" for your support comment. But it won't let me?

Last try!

Thanks for your kind words when I was in the hospital.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home