Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hidden Miracles: Lady in the Water


This movie is so beautiful. M. Night Shyamalan has such a unique angle at telling a story. The movie is full of life, encouraging the concept that every single human has a purpose -- many do not know their purpose however. It is funny where you discover heros that will save lives. They do not live in the media, or live a glamorous life -- some even have lived through immense pain that affect them silently today. Each person so beautiful, each so precious. I see such in the Fellowship . . .

todAAy i am grAAteful:
- being a child of God
- spending time Friday night w my sober sister Mel
- seeing Mel's sponsor take a cake
- attending a new double winners meeting (new to me)
- the soooo many laughs I had at dinner with my mom, brother, his fiance, Mitch and myself
- spending time with Mitch's dad and Mitch on Sunday
- the growth Mitch and I are going through
- to be madly in love with someone -- all of someone
- that Monday is over
- Y O U :)

15 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 1:39 AM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

I know that I join that age old club of humans who ask, "What is my purpose in life?"
I used to think it was just to stay as drunk as possible. That was my goal, at least.

 
At 8/01/2006 5:23 AM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

I am grateful for YOU too :)

 
At 8/01/2006 5:41 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

you are so precious--

Hubby wanted to go see the movie, now we'll go for sure--thanks for a different perspective than the one we read

love you

 
At 8/01/2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

SC, the CD has 31 speakers in mp3 format and it is $7. If anyone wants one, send me a check with a little extra for shipping and I will send you one. Email me via my blog.

 
At 8/01/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Growth in true love is magical isn't it? Gotta love this list my friend,
you are embracing so much beauty.
I thank you as always,for sharing~

 
At 8/01/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

nice sentiment indeed.. everyone is special in their own way....

 
At 8/01/2006 10:17 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

I feel like the old man in the water.

 
At 8/02/2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Greg tells all . . .

good morning sober chick,
Im a friend of alcoholic brain's.I'm wondering if I could add a link to you blog on my blog
http://jekylvshyde.blogspot.com/
Also i was hitting "next blog" yesterday for about 3 hours and i assume its random blogs...anyways I came across 3 other blogs recomending the same movie...

 
At 8/02/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I love that you are sharing about seeing people for who and what they are, not what they look like or seem to be.
it sounds like you are "seeing" people... and thats cool
thanks for sharing

 
At 8/02/2006 3:18 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Sounds like an interesting movie....Great to hear you are staying close to the winners....Double winners at that....big hug...

 
At 8/02/2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I am so glad I found your blog! Your words ring so true!

Congrats on your 1 year...I hope to get that chip myself.

Christie

 
At 8/02/2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Wow, without reading your post I never would have thought that of seeing that movie. It just seems so scary from the trailers. I am not a scary movie girl. But now I am intrigued. I will have to watch it when it comes to on demand.

I love your description. It sounds almost magical.

Oh yes ~ I am very grateful for Y O U ;)

 
At 8/02/2006 9:10 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

Never heard of the movie, but all I do these days is pound nails......

I am happy that you are madly in love, and with all of him.

 
At 8/02/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

SC I'm grateful you are here! I pop in just to read your gratitude list!! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!! You rock!

 
At 8/06/2006 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

That drawing is hauntinginly beautiful. What do you know about it? I'm curious to learn more...

P.S. Righteous blog, girl. I'm a big fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home