Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Mom's 50th Birthday!


Today is my Mom's 50th birhtday. My parents were babies when I was borne. My dad barely 16 years old. I have so many colorful memories as a child, both painful and joyous.

Today I am so grateful for the relationship my Mom and I have today. We still are growing, but honestly, last year at this time I was crying in meetings realzing how much resent I have built towards my Mom because of all those things that I felt she was NOT. My Mom is not of the nurturing kind, and had her days with drugs and co-dependancy. My brother and I went with 2 absent parents growing up -- my mom being forced to work to raise us. I love my Mom for all of this today. The Fellowship has allowed me to abandon my resentment and see my part. Today, I really love my Mom for all she has been and is.

todAAy i am grAAteful and thAAnkful:
- I am sober for today, the bonus being that my Mom gets to see me as such and embrace God
- Having a Mom that did/does her best
- I have my Mom's nose
- the growing pains Mitch & I experienced yesterday
- for MC's 22 year anniverssary yesterday (and MY GOODNESS, what a SOBER PARTY, you are so loved :)!!!
- Christmas music
- Candles
- Mel D
- Colors of the rainblow
- Tomorrow Rex will be 1
- This kick BUTT recovering blogging community and how everyone is here for everyone!!!

12 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Sober Chick's Mom
Happy Birthday to you
I see you,
JJ

 
At 7/25/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR WONDERFUL MOM
I am can so relate with your relationship and expirences you have had and have with you mom... I am grateful too AA helped me ACCEPT HER FOR WHO AND WHAT SHE IS NOW, when I too resented her for what she was not.. you are such a beautiful amazing woman hugs and ahve a great day and hope your mom has one too :()

 
At 7/25/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Send your mom a birthday wish from me!!

 
At 7/25/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

Happy birthday MOM!!

 
At 7/25/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Happy Birthday to Sober Chick's Mom! What a wonderful, mature, wholesome way you have of describing your relationship.

 
At 7/25/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Sober Chick, I love your posts! Your honesty, openness and willingness ROCK! Happy Birthday to your Mama!

 
At 7/25/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

I guess its a Moms thing going on. Hey to have your mother see her daughter sober on her 50th, thats pretty cool.

 
At 7/26/2006 3:12 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Happy Birthday Mom!

I can relate to the absent parents. I grew up the same. Love ya Chick (((((hugs))))))

 
At 7/26/2006 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Happy Birthday to Sober Chic's Mom:)
This is an awesome post so full of honesty and growth...thank you for sharing, this is what I love about blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!((SHARING))

 
At 7/26/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Really good stuff Christina......thnx

 
At 7/28/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

he he happy BD to your mom too!! very kewl, I guess maybe that connects us somehow, huh??

peace to you, girl!

 
At 7/30/2006 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Love your blog--I'm a sober chick, too. (7 months tomorrow)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home