Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Miracles

hAAppy HNT to all.

It is amazing when I ask God for His guidance He comes thru and I think His Angels are working OT around some open wounds in my soul. I went to a new meeting on Tuesday, was about to leave after waiting and seeing no one was around. This is when the magic started . . .

I started to walk back to my truck when this woman popped her head out of her car. She had a welcoming smile, I asked her if she was here for the meeting. Thank you Laury, my new friend. "L" has 7 years of sobriety and that was her first OA meeting ever. Coincidence, NO WAY. We were suppose to meet at that very moment. I also met another person relapsing back to the BPs. Our struggles at this time are parallel. We exchange #s.

So last night a resentment came on stronger than ever. It wanted to take me out. I somehow managed to get out of myself "falsely" by shopping. I called a few sober sisters but all were out and about. Well, I am asking God here for some guidance. Alexis called me back while I was in the store, and she was on her way to the AA meeting at the Women's club. I was too (but was early so took a detour to my fav girlie cloth store -- yah, shopping another addiction).

We both have not been to the meeting at the Women's Club in eons. Somehow we both we suppose to be there, and I needed to see her. The speaker was great, I had a hard time staying out of my head but heard exactly what I needed to, honestly, I did. Then I got to see the smile of my new friend I met at the OA meeting struggling with bulimia too.

In addition to all this I have been getting emails from some of my cyber recovery friends and am so grateful for this.

todAAy i am thAAnkful n grAAteful:
- Gods Blessings
- the Fellowships
- this Chapter in my life, and the struggles that I am encountering today
- Hope
- emails from Alcoholic Brain, Teachable Alcoholic, Christine & Butterflygirl
- my Lady sponsor
- Alice, Alexis, Mel & April
- sobriety
- Mitch and our furballs
- venti black eye from Starbucks
- girls nite out tomorrow and our venture to a new AA meeting in Atwater

****And All Your Comments and Support Left Upon My Last Post. You Are So Special To My Recovery.*****

13 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

HI!

You appear to have this gift of seeing even the little detailed snapshots of good things, while viewing the big picture as well. That is indeed a gift. This is all so true. I am grateful that you are here. Way to go! Keep coming back! :o)

 
At 7/13/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Thanks for posting. I have been thinking of you, worrying about you, and praying for you. Take Good Care of Sober Chick!

 
At 7/13/2006 7:23 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

Not God?

 
At 7/13/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger tia tells all . . .

You know, because of you I'm thinking that maybe I should try an OA meeting for my ED issues... thanks SC,
xoxo

 
At 7/13/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Enjoy your girls night out tomorrow. Number Twelve and I are going out too!

 
At 7/13/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

I like girls night to, It gives guys time to feel like they are running the show.

 
At 7/14/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

isn't it amazing how HP just knows when to turn up the heat and step in, saving us from ourselves?? I just love that, thanks for sharing!

peace to you

 
At 7/14/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

you are healing all the dz that want you dead---thanks for sharing your journey with me--

love you

 
At 7/14/2006 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I know you have a strong tunnel of light that keeps you moving ahead Sober.The dark patches are challenges you try hard at overcoming..you feel what you need to feel to move on .
I cannot tell you enough how much I so admire your honesty Sober.
You really are a beautiful light:)
Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 7/14/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Hi SC, Have a wonderful day!

 
At 7/15/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Glad you made a new buddy. That is fun when that happens. God is really cool. When we can see those things unfolding under our noses it is filling. Sanks fo being. Sanks for sharing. Sanks sanks sank you ;)

 
At 7/16/2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Hey Girl! Haven't been here in a while but I think of you often. I'm grateful you're sharing your struggles ... that way I can add you to my prayer list! Hurray! Hang in there. Lotsa love your way!

 
At 7/17/2006 4:49 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

The power of God cuts deep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home