Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

hAAppy hAAppy hAAppy!!!

*****hAAppy hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy******

I love laughing, and I seem to be getting a strong dose of it lately. I must say I am so grateful to work in a place where my supervisor and a few others know I am in recovery and support me. Example, Sam sits at the far end of the office that occupies me and 3 other project developers. Toby and I sit on the opposite end of Sam & Bruce. Sam & Toby have a football that gets launched across the room frequently. This football was missing for a while. It was found. Many times it hits the wall, and many times Sam likes to think he is going for the Super Bowl winning touch down being filmed on TV with zillions watching him -- he is so dramatic! I Absolutely Love It!!!!

I do have some struggles I am walking thru today but I must say I still embrace each blessing that crosses my path. I live in color today and how vibrant it can be when I allow it to shine on my soul. Do you see you are a part of my colorful World? I sure hope so.

Come and visit some more colorful recovery family members HERE!

14 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Love your colorful world...keep the faith.

 
At 7/20/2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Great HNT!! I am amazed by not only what you write, but you have the colour scheme of a house I owned!! Colour??!! Where am I back on Vancouver Island again? No way!! Struggles, yep I have 'em too. You are not alone here!! Keep rockin'!

 
At 7/20/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

SC, very nice color scheme....Alcoholics, we are all egomaniacs and I just love them all......

 
At 7/20/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Even Better...

 
At 7/20/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

laughing is sooo healing... laugh and love and play SC...

 
At 7/21/2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Love your photos

 
At 7/21/2006 5:11 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Laughter is the best medicine unfortunately I haven't been doing enough of it.
I love the picture.
I see you,
JJ
PS: A while ago you did a HNT picture with a necklace (Round Silver AA type) - I have been looking around the internet without success for one.....where did you get it?

 
At 7/21/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Oooh! I LIKE this. Very Warhol.

 
At 7/21/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Just came by again..ty on the post it is not me in the photo, geek.

 
At 7/21/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

happy friday now ;)

 
At 7/21/2006 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I do see me in those colors actually.
I know we are a great group of humans dedicated to enriching our lives and sharing the hope (and humor)along the way..Thank YOU for sharing Sober chic~

 
At 7/22/2006 4:10 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

great photo girl! Isn't it just wonderful that HP wraps us in His/Her loving arms with people who know and understand??

 
At 7/22/2006 4:10 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

oh, and I love being a aprat of your colorful world SC, thanks for being my friend

 
At 7/22/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

I see me in all of your colorful World! Sanks Chick ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home