Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Gratitude up the Ying Yang

I am so excited. I get to speak on my first panel today with Alice and someone else she recrutted. I am so grateful that God has put Alice in my life. She is my inspiration.

I am grateful for this weekend. I saw family members I have not seen in years. One uncle did not even recognize me. I made the effort to see my grandma yesterday and took along my mom. I do not do this and know that it is time to change this.

I am filled with GRATITUDE this time in my life up the ying yang. I told both my uncle and dad this -- both so sick in their Dz of alcoholism. I finally spoke to my dad yesterday. He admitted he is now living on the streets. Regardless, I told him that I will always love him unconditionally and would soon like to sit and talk with him. I ask God how to direct my thinking and actions in this relationship. I just don't know.



I am so grateful for my Mom. Last year at this time I had my World of resent all towards her. How little did I know I could not change the past and that my mom did her best. I have learned to love my mom for all the things she is, and not to obsess of all the things she is not. I put that invisible wall between us. I remember months ago my realization of my part, all me. I could be such a beast.

I am thankful that my mom is happy at her new job and with her new partner. She is still sad after loosing Coco and ending that unhealthy relationship. She is doing ok, and I am thankful that she is allowing herself to feel. My mom, such a beautiful angel. I am so sorry for all the pain I caused you. I am truly sorry, but thankful, because we are starting over and I appreciate you more than ever.


The picture, Mitch, me, Mitch's mom Trish, Belinda (my mom's new partner, and my beautiful Mom, I love it! One of my many support groups as I entered the fellowship. I have never felt what I do inside me today. My eyes have the ability to tear right now, because this is how beautiful I feel INSIDE -- thank you God for my life today.

3 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 3:05 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Looks like a great family. There is a lot to be thankful for.

 
At 12/19/2005 7:34 PM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

Great looking group! I'm grateful you wrote this great post. Thank you for sharing your recovery with me.

 
At 12/25/2005 8:19 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home