Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Wanting to play God

The new owners to Hope and Tank came this weekend to adopt. On Friday Hope's new owner Bernie came. He was really nice. I had Mitch and Trish be present because if it were up to me I would see all the negative qualities in Bernie and refuse to give Hope to him. I found myself wanting to play God -- I do not want the kittens to fear nor ever experience any discomfort. Uh huh . . .

Bernie was very polite, he reminded me a lot of Mitch. I cried after he left, my heart hurt so bad. Saturday morning I heard so many great things that God wanted me to hear. The speaker shared that he cannot have hope if he has fear. Whoa, what truth. I had so much fear that I lacked to trust God. I did my part as God's helper, now, I need to let go.

Tank's owner came on Saturday. This experience was much easier by this time. I have received emails from them both -- both kittens are doing great! This has been such a blessed experience, and I am so grateful to have the physical and emotional support of Mitch and Trish.

Thank you God.

134 Days sober
10 days abstinent

Jan, Tank's new mommy, sent me some pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home