Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

God working miracles

OK, I have been not been adamant about doing my steps. I was so excited and wanted to work a program. As I started to stray away my old behaviors began to consume me. I started to cut, then the obsession to have a drink saturated my thoughts. Soon, I relapsed into bulima again, and the progression of my Dz I got to experience full force.

That night in the bathroom when I was on my knees asking for help offered another experience, the power of prayer. From that day God took away my obsession to binge and purge. Since then, I began to get lit again (the sober lit), I began to get connected with the people in the fellowship and my program.

I ventured to complete step 2 with my sponsor this past weekend. God had so many messages for me to hear at the meetings I attended. I also got to welcome some bulimic newcomers in OA. Last night I went home, I sat in the office and memorized the 3rd step prayer. After this, I prayed to God to guide my pen as my sponsor recommended as I sat and wrote my 3rd step out.

Chris Ramer, one of God's great messengers in AA recommended a book about prayer and meditation that was written by a person from the Oxford group to give away what was so freely given to him. I started to read this book last night, and again God is with me.

A MORNING SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE
I was putting gas this morning, a woman pulled up behind me. She shouted "congratulations" after seeing my license plate. We went on to speak for a few minutes. Her niece has 22 months, an alcoholic and self mutilater. We went on to share a common entity of this grand disease. This complete stranger offered such a profound blessed experience. She hugged me, and I discovered her name was Eileen and her niece, Monica. It was such an emotional few minutes, but this is the power of thy way of life, it is one of the many promises, it is God's work and the supreme love of Him and His children.

Thank you God for today. I am a grateful child of yours. Thank you.


18 days abstinent
142 days sober

2 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

What is the title of the meditation book writen by a men=mber of the oxford group?

 
At 10/03/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

What is the title of the meditation book writen by a men=mber of the oxford group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home