Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Survived Thanksgiving!!!

After working step 3 turning my life and all things to the care of God as I understand Him has been amazing. No longer do I need to depend on me to manage my bulimia and alcoholism. Whenever I would fail at this in the past fear would be introduced -- fear of the knowledge that I could not depend on myself to beat these horrible behaviors.

I ate well on Thanksgiving with no desire to meet with the toilet. We had a dinner on Saturday -- and some alcohol was brought as a gift. I had no anxiety to its presence, what an amazing experience thanks to working the steps and that I have given it to God.

One of my Casa sisters is starting a new meeting, SMA - Self Mutilators Anonymous. I am realizing that more and more suffer from this and have no where to discuss a forum of recovery to it. She asked me to make the flyer to which I was honored. I had 2 comps but leaned towards the one she liked too:



What TOTALLY made my weekend was an email from Bernie, Buddy's (the kitten formaly known as "Hope") owner to give us an update on his little life. Buddy is working his charm and living life.



Thank you God for my life today.

Sober: 149 days (taking my 6 month chip in 2 weeks!!!)
Abstinent: 24 days strong

1 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

test

 

Post a Comment

<< Home