Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

6 months 2DAY!

Today marks my half a year!!!! Whoa, it feels like yesterday I was so hopeless and alone entering in the doors of Casa De Las Amigas. I feel like I did when I discovered there was a solution to what was killing me. I remember that natural high, a non stoppable smile because I was discovering something greater than me.

Sometimes I loose that feeling and feel all the emotions -- the good and the bad. This past weekend (and up until now) I am having one of those euphoric spells where the little things in life are so clear, and my soul embraces them.

When I was sick I remember how hard it was to work on my most favorite gig. Because of God's grace and AA I have had another chance at this. My client believed in me and my talents to re-contract me. I am amazed to see how productive and Creative I can be in this state of mind and body. I told Mitch I threw myself with the last 2 designs. I met w/ D and W Sunday. The meeting was great. They loved the designs I have made for their feline product line.



I was telling them that I have just enough (thank you Nydia for not being afraid of telling me the truth and allowing me to process it) and am so content, a content I have never known before. Bad things are happening all around me like my dad's life, seeing some sisters go out -- but I am filled with hope because of AA.

I am so grateful to still have my job at COA and to have very supportive co-workers. I remember that day I told my supervisor that I had a problem (little did I know it was more than a "Problem") and needed to leave work the next day. I was willing to accept that I may not have a job soon and people may judge me because I am announcing I am sick. However, everything I could have imagined did nopt occur. I only recieved support, and more over they wanted me to come back after my treatment. After working only 2 months at my new job and being fired from the last due to my alcoholic behavior I did not understand that they wanted me back and wanted to help me -- just because for once in my life I was asking for help and confessed that I no longer could do this by myself.

I am taking care of my body more, and had a get a girlie exam yesterday. I was weighed in at 160 pounds. You know, I use to fear this number. I did not feel this yesterday or obsessed over it or denied me of any food because of it. Thank you God for my life today. It is not me that is keeping me sober and growing spiritually -- what a relief not to depend on me for all the crap -- !

***I have been reading all your blogs and finally left a post last week. I was amazed to see you responded. I really enjoy everyone's share and the common bond. Thanks for the great introduction and I will definitely be continuing on this journey with you all. That is the coolest beans!!!***

6 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Six months is HUGE!!! Congratulations!

 
At 12/14/2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

Congrats on your six months... and love your attitude... :)

 
At 12/14/2005 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Congratulations on 6 months.....that is really something to be proud of.

Lisa (scott w's sister from Kentucky)

 
At 12/15/2005 5:31 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Six months is huge! It sounds like you are doing the foot work to have God work in your life.

 
At 12/15/2005 7:14 AM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

Congratulations!

 
At 12/16/2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Phil tells all . . .

Six months, HOORAY!

Your blog is great -- thanks for being here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home