Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Life Is Everywhere, What Magical Energy!

Above: After 3 days of being hospitalized, Budda got to come home. She has a yellow pressure wrap on her forearm from the IV catheter. Barely 2 weeks old, she fought.

Above: The babies getting aquainted with their new home. Initially we were only going to keep one. Yah right!

Above: Budda Baby attempting to walk. Her legs barely supported her body. She shook when she walked and allowed for shadows and sound to guide her.

Above: Asia, the little tank. She had no problem feeding from the bottle. She was so easy to raise. It was Budda that kept me on my mommy toes.

Above: Budda as a healthy adult. Still delicate, she is not a big eater, she is our precious miracle.

Above: Asia and that common look that she is up to something. She tests my patience and how I love her for that.

Gifts of Life
One of my favorite sites is called the Daily Kitten. My dear friend Tab introduced it to me (thank you Tabs). I got an email from someone that is a part of the Daily Kitten. It was a nice email and allowed me to take a moment and reflect on some beautiful gifts in my life.

You know, I still have some old behaviors that are regurgitated at times. I borrow from the old me as I try to align my soul out of complete darkness. Shadows lurk here and there for it is them that has brought me impure comfort.

I am being guided out of the tunnel. I am lead by the radiance of gifts my God has given me.

todAAy i am grAAteful:
- leading the meeting at Crown City Friday night
- spending time with Alexis
- my time with my Mitch on Saturday in the OC
- mom and doggie time w/Olive on Sunday
- that I can be completely honest in the rooms of AA and not bear fear of judgement
- the christmas lights in my deck
- my new plants (I am trying to be a good mommie to them, I need your prayers)
- laughter and slaPP happy giggles
- that Monday is over
- all of my animals and how they take me out of me
- Y O U :)


22 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 1:32 AM, Blogger Katy tells all . . .

Okay, so I seriously believe there is a HUGE divine connection... Call it separated at birth; call it psychically bonded Karma, whatever it is I'm thankful to God for bringing you into my life! You my friend ALWAYS lift me up and often times say EXACTLY what I need to hear at that very moment.

You see, I just got done crying the like a big old baby and whining to my husband about how much I wish we hadn't gotten two kitties at the same time. You see my little boy "Hammy" is a fantastic... Ummmm... Box-Pooper! Our other little guy however (I say the "other guy" because we just realized SHE is actually a HE ;O) and we can't seem to come up with a name good enough to fit - Stay tuned, I'll be posting a poll soon to get votes, ideas, and suggestions) Anyways, our other little boy seems to be a little on the slow side. He hasn't quite gotten the ol' "poop-cover-and-leave it" down yet... He covers, then steps in it, re-covers, walks in it again, moves it around some more, tries desperately to re-cover, then jumps out, kicks his feet to dispose of as much as possible, scoots his bum on the floor (leaving a nice skid or two for mom to disinfect) and then if we don't catch him in time, promptly runs to either our bed or the couch to dispose of the remaining poop stuck to his feet. Ahh geeze, sorry for the graphic description but my guilt over wishing I hadn't got these little bundles of fluff is overwhelming and I guess I feel the need to explain myself to justify the breakdown.

My long story short is... You've managed to remind me, in one short post just how much joy, laughter, and amazement these guys have already brought into our lives. I know this too shall pass, that they are little kittens only having been here for a month. And as they lay here on my desk (in their kitty bed) purring away and grooming each other, my tears begin again because of how much I love them already. I know they will learn, they will grow, and as I've learned over the last four months... With a little struggle always comes a gift! Thank you for reminding me to appreciate the gifts that live and breathe right in front of me!!!

Much love,
Katy


P.S. Your little babies are so beautiful! Just like you! Give them some loves from me and kiss that puppy’s nose for me too.

 
At 8/08/2006 3:15 AM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

As a lifetime cat lover, thanks for those pix. And your list, too. LOL

 
At 8/08/2006 7:56 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

They are so sweet. Rexie

 
At 8/08/2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I *&%$#@^ LOVE kittieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! xoxoxoxoxox
LOL...what a great post Sober Chic.
Your willingness to live and learn is beautiful.
Even our bad days can bring us personal insights
and new found wisdom,be it a little or a lot.
You embracing your kitties here today just
totally made me beam and say,
I love Sober Chic :)
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 8/08/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

you should here me when I see Bunnies..lol...there is an on going joke of everywhere here impersinating me when there is a bunny to be seen somewhere..lol..we have the new Wallace and Gromit PS2 game,the Weer Rabbit one, PACKED with bunnies! LOL
too cute.I know you like bunnies too:)

 
At 8/08/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

*typo..hear me..not here me..whoops.

 
At 8/08/2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

*another typo..not everywhere here..
it's everyone here..jeese..
I think I need to stick to decaf' lol

 
At 8/08/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Love baby pics ~
Thanks for your gratitudes and I love my animals too. They are great.

G~

 
At 8/08/2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

Sober chic.. your babies are sooo precious! aweeeeeee.. thanks for sharing, your pics and gratitude... : D

 
At 8/08/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

I read awareness and the willingness to change so its all good....

 
At 8/08/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

cute kittens.....

 
At 8/08/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Thanks for sharing your babies with us. Glad to see they made it to cat-adult-hood. Good mama SC.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Bunny says, "Meow!"

 
At 8/08/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Thats awesome. That is my favorite size for a cat.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:33 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I wish they could stay that small forever!

 
At 8/08/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

Aaawwwww!!! The widdy biddy babies is so pwecious. Sorry, but kittens (and puppies) just inspire baby talk. Your babies are adorable, and you are wonderful for saving and raising them to be the beautiful adults they are today.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I am so with you, here. There's something about puppy breath that you just can't explain!

As for your babies, they are so sweet looking. I hope they keep in good health. I am so grateful for animals...

 
At 8/09/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Great post!! I love it here. Think I'll hang for a while and let some more gratitude wear off....

 
At 8/09/2006 2:28 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

I will pray for you and your plants, I am sure you'll do fine, you have much love to give! Cute kitties... Youre such a loving, kind peson to take care of all those critters, and give them lots of love...

and yeah it is a treasure to be able to have someplace we can go be ourselves, whatever our state may be, and nto fear the reactions of others, but bask in the Grace of God which makes them so receptive to us...

peace to you my friend!

 
At 8/09/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

this post pics make me want some baby kitties of my own---and I'm allergic

you
and they are beautiful!

 
At 8/09/2006 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Those pics are beyond cute!

Good luck with your plants. If you find the secret to keeping them happy...please let me know!

Christie

 
At 8/09/2006 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I went to a coed treatment center, and it was a HUGE mistake.

It was at the forefront of why I went back to crystal after completing the program.

I think you're right on when you say that it's asinine to mix men and women in a detox facility and expect them to be able to focus and grow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home