Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

In Vegas!


Hi Beautiful Peeps!!!

My busy-ness is gonna come to a hault come Tuesday so I will be back in the frequent recovery cyber sphere with you all. Right now I am in bed at the Mirage in Vegas enjoying the morning (a Vegas morning that is if that exist in the city that never sleeps).

My brother's wedding was gorgeous least to say. He looked so handsome yesterday. He is such a goofball, making faces for the camera and such. My dad use to do that all the time, somehow my brother unconsciously adopted it. I got to meet one of my brother's spiritual mentors yesterday. This person has helped my brother get closer to God and discover a new peace in his life. He use to be a heroine addict (his friend) and today lives a life close to God. His energy is beautiful, and you could just feel his passion, his ambition and unconditional love towards God and God's children while in his presence. As he left he turned to me and told me how much my brother loves me (I am so moved right now tears are forming), and congradulated me (without saying the reason, but for my recent sober birthday).

Take a looksie at some of the PICS!

Mitch and I went to see cirque du soleil's "KA" last night. It was Beautifiul! Talk about going to work and loving what you do -- promoting health and creativity. I was so tired after yesterday's looooong day, I slept as if I were back in the drinking days. Mitch brought me up coffee, I did not hear him get out of bed or shower. At one point I poured Equal in the trash then put the wrappers in my coffee, LOL, am so grateful I know I am just tired and it is not a result of the dark days.

I cannot phantom the idea of getting sober here at the beginning. Drinking is so easy here, it is ubiquitous and cheap. You know how some of us would wake up waiting until the store would open to get our fix, well no need for that here. Yikes. Right now I embrace my sobriety and God's blessings: my brother and Jen, new family, my Mom, Aunt Ona, Uncle Richard, Aunt Sue, Mitch and just gift of life. I am having fun here and SOBER!!!!!

Ok, I am gonna catch up on your lives today the bet I can. Gonna head to the pool right now and enjoy some free skin cancer. I will be back after and enjoy visiting you. For now just know you are in my thoughts and I love you.

Sending you Hugs. SC

20 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful sober time in Las Vegas.

 
At 8/20/2006 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Sounds like a lot of fun, SC! Way to go on your sobriety.

 
At 8/20/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Congrats on having SOBER fun in Vegas! You're an inspiration that fun can be had anywhere. It's good to hear from you!

 
At 8/20/2006 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

You are such a freakishly beautiful human Sober Chic!I love that we are all in Vegas with you ..wooohooo!
lol..you will need a couple of days to destimulate your system once you get home I bet!!
Your Brothers wedding looked like a
wonderful event for the family.I have to say your sister in law is one hot tamale!!! everyone looked beautiful and happy together..awesome stuff.
I have to go find a wedding to crash now that I have seen pictures of CAKE!

 
At 8/20/2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I love Vegas, but I haven't been since I got sober, so it's good to know that it can be done. It's such a fun town, and what a great reason to go--a wedding!

Wish we could trade places...

 
At 8/21/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Thomas tells all . . .

Hello from Seattle via strangely Houston.

 
At 8/21/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Greg tells all . . .

LOL equal in the trash wrappers in the coffee. I've had thoes mornings. Hope your vacation is going well

 
At 8/21/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

What, no Wayne Newton??

 
At 8/21/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/21/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Katy tells all . . .

Hi lady!

What fun!!! The bride was stunning... Her dress is gorgeous and they look so happy (I love weddings) Your dress - so cute hot momma!

My favorite picture is of you looking out the window through the flowy off-white curtains. It looks like you're talking to God and basking in His love.

Well, I'm so happy you're having a good time (Equal mishaps aside -goofball :O) Have a fantastic time by the pool and I say, soak up as much of that stuff as you can!


Loves,
Katy

 
At 8/21/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

Smashing pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

:-D

 
At 8/21/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

pretty impressive pics......wish your bro and his bride the best and your Mom looks young....take care.....D

 
At 8/21/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

great pictures-they look so happy

 
At 8/21/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger madameplushbottom tells all . . .

SC - wow!!! I've never been to Vegas. Don't know that it is a good place for me. I think I would have a big ol spending problem. Maybe someday when my recovery is solid and rooted firmly.

Going to go look at your pics from the wedding now - looking forward to seeing some joy and bliss.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

 
At 8/21/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Thats great. Congrads..

 
At 8/22/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

he he hugs back atcha girl, I am so happy that you're out there, enjoying the desert, enjoying sin city, and most of all, able to share in the blessings with your bro.... too kool! have fun, be safe

 
At 8/22/2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I figured you would delete the truth after all.Thou shall not criticise AA or its founders,lest thou shove thy head in the sand.That is an indication that its a cult.Even the stongest churches are willing to accept criticism.AA is not. No red flags going up yet...thats okay its usually the compromising christians who cling to cults.

 
At 8/22/2006 7:07 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

Neat pics glad you hadagood time.

 
At 8/22/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllll, you are HOT stuff!

 
At 8/23/2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Wow! Those pics are great. What a beautiful family you have. And that CAKE! OMG ~ GORGEOUS!

Glad it all went well.

XOXO,
G~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home