Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm In Love


I feel sooooo special right now. The receptionist called me and asked me to go up front because I had some flowers waiting. I was "what, are you sure you have the right Chrisina?" I went and discovered these beautiful red roses for me from Mitch, and on the card it said "Thinking of You, Love Mitch."

This little gesture has made me feel like a princess, how beautiful is my man. He is so giving, unselfish and has the warmest heart. I am so blessed to be in love with him and more so, that he encourages me in my recovery and knows the importance of my sobriety. Just for a moment I am gonna sit here and embrace this feeling I have. My soul is rejuvinated and I am grateful to God for my life today.

Note: These are not the actual roses but they sure look similar! Regardless it is his action that makes me feel wonderful.

10 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I love Mitch too!
You deserve this man..
you must make him feel like
the luckiest guy on the planet..
(next to my Husband..lol)
What a beautiful post Sober Chic!
Thank you for sharing the LOOOOVE!

 
At 8/23/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

I love roses. There is nothing quite so special as getting roses from the one you love (and it means he loves you too!)

 
At 8/23/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

I can't imagine ever getting something like that. How nice for you. Enjoy the moment.

 
At 8/23/2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

I'm with MC, getting flowers is one of the nicest feelings in the world. Lucky you and lucky Mitch!

 
At 8/23/2006 8:40 PM, Blogger Greg tells all . . .

I love roses. SC I did not mine home in enough time to get it in a vase...it died:(:(:(

 
At 8/23/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

Good for you...
You deserve it.

 
At 8/23/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Thats what its all about. Life is good.

 
At 8/24/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

he he very kool..... nice guy, that Mitch!! That's a great feeling, to know there's only one out there who loves you like that... groovy!

 
At 8/26/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

what a great guy

 
At 8/30/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

how wonderful to be loved, to know it, feel it smell it taste it to know it-- you are one blessed chick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home