Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Friends

Yesterday Mitch and I went to one of our good friend's wedding, WOW! He is a Jedi obssesor as we are and an oober geek like us! During the wedding the minister was speaking about Jesus and how Mark and Sarah asked for JC to be the center of their relationship. The commitment cerimony was so beautiful, I fought my tears back only because I did not want my make up to run. But seriously, I was feeling the serenity and power of two people commiting to one another touch my soul.

In my dark days I would be sooooooo pissed off that this minister would suggest any type of God-like idea to be the key, the center to their lives, marriage, and happiness. To me I felt the growth of my inner being on display with self yesterday as I have become to accept a God to my understanding. It is purely wonderful!

At the reception alcohol was EVERYWHERE. It was miraculous to say "no thank you" when offered a glass of some alcoholic beverage. It was nice to really be there for these friends that I love. Mark saw me at my worse and still loves me today and supports my sobriety as my other handful of "normie" friends do. There was no one there in program, but that was ok, I was there and so was my HP.

todAAy i am thAAnkful & grAAteful 4:
- Mark & Sarah's union with them and their HP, JC
- May & Mark C, and Shelle friendships and their love and support of me in recovery
- to not wake up with a hangover from the night before
- Mitch and all the laughter we can create together, I love him so much
- The balance that I am feeling all this past week and today
- my OCD being managable and not controling me
- The time spent today with Mitch & his dad (a late father's day)
- Our animals, and that Olive had a good time with her daddy when he took her down South to visit his friends
- That summer is here and I am cool with doing sober things, so many plans in the making
- All of you and the growth you offer through your blogging journals

16 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 1:55 AM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

Good for you.
Good stuff.

 
At 6/26/2006 4:18 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

yeah, we went to a wedding too, had those same feelings... had to fight back the tears... (i am such a sap, I know...) We ended up being unable to go to the reception cuz we had to drive 2 hrs back home and had an early morning planned the next day. I love going to weddings. It's fun to celebrate the newness of a marriage. But, having been to our first wedding together as a married couple, I couldn't help but take a mental inventory of where we're at based on the sacrament of marriage and all it's intended to be. A really kool perspective...

peace to you

 
At 6/26/2006 4:19 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

oh, and may the force be with you...

"help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"

glad ya didn't drink at the party!

 
At 6/26/2006 6:05 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

Came to believe--

Happy you found your God and that he was with you at the reception--

love you

 
At 6/26/2006 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Why do we cry at weddings?! LOL
And the alcohol factor is insane!
Hubby and I did not have a drop of alcohol at our reception or wedding.
(why ruin a good day right?)
You sound so serene these days Sober and I love your heart in your writing,
its is inpriational!
Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 6/26/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

I love to cry at weddings!

 
At 6/26/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

I am glad I was sober when I got married. I am glad my husband is too. The vows at our wedding really meant what they are suppose to mean. Not yeah yeah lets get to the reception. It is a whirl wind but at that moment at the altar we both felt the presence of God and truly blessed to be together. Glad you had a good time.

 
At 6/26/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain tells all . . .

Thanks for your kind words. It feels good to say "no thanks." Congrats and best wishes to the couple. Enjoy the CSS. It's great learning and fun. I've been doing the html thing for over ten years. It's hard to keep up with the changes! Then again, alcoholics don't care much for change!LOL...Buh bye!

 
At 6/26/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

It's a great feeling. Two members of my home group got married a couple weekends ago and it was the best ceremony I've ever seen.

 
At 6/26/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

YOU'RE GETTING THE GIFTS....I'M ZEALOUS....

 
At 6/26/2006 7:15 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Trust an alcoholic to get P.O.'d at a minister for talking about God! Gotta love it!

 
At 6/26/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

I love that no thanks. They didn't have enough for you anyways. lol

 
At 6/27/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I'm so proud of you.

You sound like you have a great support system.

 
At 6/27/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

They are supposed to have makeup out now that won't get messed up. If they don't then something is seriosly wrong. We can put a man in space....... but makeup?

 
At 6/27/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger One Drunk to Another tells all . . .

Ooooh weddings are so cool! I love not having to worry about making a fool of myself because I'm drunk. Now it's just because I'm a fool!

:-)

Suzanne

 
At 6/27/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Lovely post.
I see you,
JJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home