Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, June 12, 2006

How u wanna look at it . . .

Depending on how you wanna look at it, today is the Day of my Last Drunk (God, please help me to keep this by giving it all to you) and/or the Eve of my 1st Sober Birthday. Last year, this day, I was living in darkeness. Trapped by the voices that haunted the spirit of my soul, I was lifeless but wanted life so desperately. Never could I phantom I would be at the place of inner peace and serenity I encompass today.

My weekend was beautiful!
Saturday Mel and Alexis had a party to celebrate their natal birthdays. So many people were there, sober and clean, having a grand time. My fall was catastrophic last year this day. In fact, I had many, but this was the day that FEAR showed up and was ready to engulf my entire being. These people, many at the party, are the ones that have picked me up, loved me despite all of me, and helped to give me life. They continue to do this today.

todAAy I have grAAtitude and am thAAnkful:
- for all the Hugs at the party, real tight true Hugs.
- that I said yes, after saying no 3 times, to playing Twister
- to God for introducing me to so many of his children (that includes you bloggars too!!!!!)
- being madly in love with such an un-selfish giving person. A bonus to being sober!
- the phenomenal gift of Sobriety & the Fellowship
- 4 Hope
- the fun, after fighting it, building the CSS & HTML structure for the LotaBurger website
- my career blooming, a result of working the steps and sobriety
- that today I made the big payment to pay off my truck. Thank you Mitch for helping me do this! I love my little softtop Rav 4!

19 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

word up homie!

 
At 6/12/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

just wanna share with you that as I read your post, a tear is slowly flowing out of the corner of my left eye and slowly running down my cheek...I relate....thnx and I wish for you more blessings....stay well

 
At 6/12/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

SC I am soo glad you are here too!
tomorrow is your 1 yr!!! woohooo
happy almost birthday!
6-13-06!
have a super gr8 day SOBR8T!

 
At 6/12/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

364 days. I'll see you tomorrow!

 
At 6/12/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!

 
At 6/12/2006 6:19 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

You ARE a miracle!

 
At 6/12/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

Keep comin' back girl! Congrats on making it this far, and Happy 1 yr anniversary tomorrow, what a miracle!!

peace to you!

 
At 6/12/2006 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

omg you are too funny..just say yes ,
to Twister Sista!I love this post.
It is a beautiful milestone for you to embrace,reflect and look forwards.
Thank you for sharing :)

 
At 6/12/2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Congratulations on the eve of your sober anniversary. Many, many more...

 
At 6/12/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Great to hear...keep the faith.

 
At 6/12/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Happy 1st year sober anniversary and I have no doubt there will be many many more!!! Doing the happy dance!!! :)

 
At 6/13/2006 5:22 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

HAApy BirthdAAY

 
At 6/13/2006 6:36 AM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

Happy Birthday to you! What a miracle!!! Keep on keepin' on!

 
At 6/13/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

What a beautiful day to celebrate! Congratulations on making that decision and sticking with it for 365 days! Best wishes for many, many, many more!

 
At 6/13/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

oh Happy Happy AA Birthday!
You are so special and sooo loved!
Thanks to God for doing for you what you could not when you couldn't and now CAN!

I wish for you many more of these birthdays and hope to continue knowing you for a long long time

So grateful you are in my life!

 
At 6/13/2006 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Yes!!! WTG... Congrats. Keep Comin' BAAck.

 
At 6/13/2006 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

yo beautiful Twista Sista,(your new nickname:)
Today is an amazing day for you I am sure.
I will check back later for an update on this day if you feel like sharing.
((Big Cyber Hugs For You ! ))Congrats...!

 
At 6/13/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7/19/2006 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Where have you been Soberchick? I am wondering how you are. You have given me a gift by listing things you are grateful for. I am doing that now and it is a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home