Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hi-5 2 5 senses

I have been really busy with work events hence my lack of blogging this week. I have some great pics for HNT but was not able to get them up on time. There is always next week. :)


My blood is rushing right now because I just disccovered HCJ has a new addition to his resume. I am downloading Harry On Broadway Act I right now. His voice, I tell you, can take me to a new level. It is divine vocalization.

There are certain things that can take me to a place that is pure delight. My senses help me to do this. Today I am taking on my grAAtitude list a little differently.

todAAy i am thAAknful & grAAteful 4:

SOUND - I love Jazz. It stems from watching Peanuts cartoons, Loony Tunes, the Smurfs, etc. as a child. Harry helps me with this. Listening to Harry Connick Jr's voice is like taking a breath of fresh air in. Pure refreshment. It's like butter!
What is your favorite sound?


SIGHT - To see my Mom smile automatically brings a smile to my face. My mom has these beautiful natural teeth that just illuminate when she smiles.
What is your favorite visual experience?
(Let's keep it clean, LOL)

TOUCH - I love petting my animals. Their fur brings a comfort to my soul. My dog is very soft, as if she never lost her puppy fur.
What do you appreciate about your sense of touch?

SMELL - Pumpkin, breathing it in puts color in my soul. It makes me feel bright, safe and like a child excited about the Holidays.
What is your favorite smell?

TASTE - Dark Chocolate. Need I say more?
What is tantilizing to your tastebuds?

This is short but I wanted to get some gratitude out there. I am curious to know your responses. I have visited only half of you today and will conitunue to do so later on this evening. Thanks for being here.

14 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

oh I love your list Sober..
you are so fab.Every detail in your list is about embracing the art of life and living..!
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 5/11/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

Hey Leela what a cool idea you got. I hope to see your 5 senses up soon ;)

 
At 5/11/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

Favorite sound........Is that SC?
Favorite sight.....The smiles on childrens faces from 1 day to 100 years.
Favorite Touch.....When my heart touches another
Favorite smell......Steak on the grill.
Favorite taste.....Steak off the grill cooked to perfection and sizzling.
I have been in San Diego the last two seasons.

 
At 5/12/2006 2:38 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Cool list

 
At 5/12/2006 4:22 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Wonderful grateful list. :)
Happy Friday and I see you,
JJ

 
At 5/12/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

Sound: Blues to sway my hips to and Helena's "Gram!"

Visual experience-Hawk soaring above

sense of touch-Hubby's massages make me high (he's licensed)

smell--baby lotion on a baby

taste--hot black tea with cream and saltines with butter like my Grandma's tea time

thanks for asking!

 
At 5/12/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

Ahhh, some great lists everyone. Thank you for sharing, makes me SMILE :) I love to smile.

 
At 5/12/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

sounds? laughter
sight? smiles
touch? of a loved one
smell? of home, my mother's perfume, my guy's cologne, Johnson & Johnson baby wash
taste? cheesecake!!! (I couldn't be completely altruistic!)

GREAT POST!!!

 
At 5/12/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

my cosmo doggie... I soolove to hold my face on hers, she gives me peace... HCJ< a fave of mine too.... I have come to really like Michael Buble as well, give him a listen.... Nora Jones and Allison Krauss do for me what HCJ does for you.... aaaaahhh

great post!!
peace to you

 
At 5/12/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

by the way, I went and visited your photo blog with all your critters... you got a beautiful collection of "big schweeties" (said in my best baby/talking to my doggie voice)!! You're blessed to have all those critters hangin round! great photos!

peace to you

 
At 5/12/2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

When we loose those simple things that is when we truly appreciate them. I too am grateful for my senses - physical that is cause lets face it - my other senses don't work so good :0

 
At 5/12/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Sound: birds waking up in the morning and going to bed at night
Sight: My grandchildren running towards me - with unbridled joy
Touch: The little hands around my neck
Smell: An AA meeting, coffee, smoke, cologne, and Body Odor!
Taste: Anything with major fat content. (cheesecake, buttered popcorn, steak, baked potato with sour cream...) sorry, I haven't eaten dinner yet tonight.

 
At 5/13/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Sound: Peace and quiet
Sight: Watching the waves at the beach.
Touch: Comfort
Smell: coffee/fresh flowers
Taste: White Chocolate Reese Cups

 
At 5/13/2006 8:57 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Favorites:
~Sound~ Birds in the morning is my favorite and the content sighs and coos coming from the grand baby!

~Sight~ The eyes of my grand baby, so beautiful! I could just stare at them all day long and be so happy.

~Touch~ Hugs, now that I am in recovery, and now that my mom is gone I miss them so much.

~Smell~ Mexican food, BBQ, and some men's colognes as they pass me by.

~Taste~ I must agree with you and your choice of Dark Chocolate!!!! I had a dark chocolate dipped banana the other day! I was in heaven!

Man that was hard! I had to think about it for a while. Thanks for making me grateful for what I have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home