Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

not a SAD-turday :)

Ok, finally I get some time again to blog. It is so beautiful this morning. It is going to be HOT today. Already we have the air on starting at 7:30 am.

Today I am taking my grandma's dog to the Vet. She is about 9 years now, and within a few months she has lost lots of weight. She is also overdue for vaccines. She is very hyper and drinks lots of H2O. At first I thought she may be diabetic. However I am now leaning towards a hyperthyroidism -- don't mean to sound like I am a Vet and have the diagnosis here. So, I am taking her to Olive's Vet and gonna put her on a wellness plan, get her teeth clean, updated on vaccines and blood work done. Because I am sober I can do this today. I can be a productive member of society and have a career, have a salary, and help my Grandma. She just turned 88 years old last month and is not able to care for Chiquita in such a way.

Tonight I am gonna Bar-B-Q. Yum! I love hanging out on the back porch. I need to get some more plant life out there but have trouble keeping them alive. :( I really need to take tips from Mary Christine and Gwen on how to care and love plant life. I try, but I can't be able to maintain their little lives. Sigh, the next step in my recovery I suppose.

todAAy i am thAAnkful & grAAteful:
- that I can be of service to my Grandma
- that Mitch & I are exploring new healing methods in our relationship
- for Darma and Greg; how a humorous personality makes a person so attractive and not the GLAMOUR way.
- my brother's engagement
- cooking -- that I don't have to obsess about binging and purging the wonderful meal and enjoy the process of it
- a very productive work week
- central air
- to smile and laugh at my cats hyperness when they get silly -- to see their tails get all puffy as they cause havoc in the house.
- watermelon and red grapes
- the onLine blogging recovery peeps

12 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

Its nice to know that you're also recovering from bulimia.....Today is day 5 of abstinence for me....enjoy your day ....and it is hot and sunny today...wonder what happened last night with mary christine and her date....

 
At 6/03/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Bar L. tells all . . .

Its Day One for me, again. I come here to get hope. Thank you.

 
At 6/03/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

Me and my hubby will be right over... oh I soo wish we could!
have a great BBQ
and you are such a good granddaughter!

 
At 6/03/2006 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I am glad you are sober and involved in life the way you are because you are making the world a brighter place you beautiful human you!

oh and exploring is good!never stop:)
I love watermelon and red grapes too..
those are signs of summer up here!

I am leaving you with a link for the house rabbit society , just to browse not adopt!!!! lol..I am like you,
I have a big heart but not a lot of time for all of the furry creatures in the world..so I stick to my one cat now..(no sign of Tiptoe yet)
I was going to adopt a house rabbit just before Tiptoe the Gypsy came in to my life...maybe one day still.
Great rabbit website for just "looking" today ...enjoy!
http://www.rabbit.org/

 
At 6/03/2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Good list!!

 
At 6/03/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

hey, isnt it great to be there for others, now that we're sober?? I wouldn't dream of doing stuff like that before I got sober...

 
At 6/03/2006 10:31 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Your porch is great. I love my back porch. We have a hammock and a bar table and of course plants. When my husband met me I had not one plant. I could never keep them alive. When he came to my condo for the first time he said ~ "you need some plants in here" ~ the nerve :)

I have to take my lil dog to the vet too. He was a present from me to John when we first were married. We needed small cause we lived in a condo. He is eleven now. He needs his teeth done twice a year and I am over due. I set up the grooming but no vet yet. Wow I am really babbling. Too much coffee today.

:)

 
At 6/04/2006 5:43 AM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

What a great back porch! Hope you had a great barbeque.

 
At 6/04/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

awwwwwww c'mon -- get some plants.

 
At 6/05/2006 6:19 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

How I miss BBQing. Hope you enjoyed the evening.

Plants aren't my specialty either. I just make sure I get the "hardy" ones.

 
At 6/09/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At 7/21/2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home