Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Is Charlie Brown one of us?

I love Peanuts cartoons. I have come to the conclusion that Charlie Brown is one of us. He is determined and stubborn but consumed by anxiety and his shortcomings. He has many moments of disappointments and despair crying out "RATS!" When astonished or dismayed he yelps out "Good Grief." All he wants is to discover the meaning of life, perhaps a purpose? Nevertheless, I love Charlie Brown. He has a good heart.

Ok, I finally have time to do stuff I want to do. Work is crazy, but I am loving it. Production at my day job is almost over. Yay! My freelance gig, l that I am contracted with is now in shipping some of the packaging I have created. I am soooo excited. I got some samples of the product line last night. My career is evolving, and the fellowship is helping me to allow for this process.


Today I get to enjoy what I do, and being sober allows for me to allocate my time to being a part of life. I am not so obsessed with getting to the end goal, rather I am enjoying the JOURNEY getting there. I am learning to lower my expectations, and the results are beyond my prediction. The results are wonderful when I do not try to control them.

todAAy i am thAAnkful & grAAteful:
- to see Gale take a 1 year cake Friday night. We were in the house together last year. She is one of the handful that is getting this today.
- the friendship of trudging buddies Mel and Alexis. I love my sober sisters.
- for Kelly's response back to me on iChat.
- Air conditioning
- The courage to tell someone the truth about her self pity bout.
- Mr. Incredible and for our growth recently.
- Hearing an awe-inspiring message from Sue at Crwon City; that her story touched my soul; that I do not fear tearing up during a meeting.
- for the 202 club having AA marathons all day tomorrow
- 349 consistant days of sobriety
- 204 days abstinant from bulimia
- that I am back blogging and get to catch up on everyone's recovery.

20 Comments:

At 5/28/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

I am so glad to see you back! That packaging looks great. You are one talented sober chick!

 
At 5/28/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

I am glad that you have managed a break from the work. I think it is wonderful to enjoy the wrok we do.

 
At 5/28/2006 3:16 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

I dont have air conditioning... In regards to your question, I guess jj cant post on my haloscan comments.

 
At 5/28/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

Charlie could very well be one of us, that football kicking insanity has got to stop!

Thanks for your kind words, and oh by the way, you have some talent!

 
At 5/28/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger madameplushbottom tells all . . .

Charlie Brown could certainly be one of us! You sound so peaceful and joyful. I love seeing that in you. Have a blessed week!

 
At 5/28/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

all very nice

 
At 5/28/2006 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

OK...so I'm "horsin around" Katy's cousin & I found you through her blog. I have thoroughly loved reading your story, your journey. I have a few "things" I'm struggling with but I'm OK too, I also have God...no AA though. May you continue to grow & brighten the lives of those who know you. You are VERY creative, VERY talented...I'm so happy that your job is going so well, you really deserve it. Take care & love those furry friends you have!

 
At 5/28/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

Hey Katy's cousin, let me give you a big ole WELCOME to my blog. Thank you for your words. It means a lot to me and my participation in my daily activities.

I am sending you greetings. And although you write you are doing ok with "things," I have hope that you will be given courage to get through the obstacles set forth on your path. You have God, how wonderful is that.

I hope to see you around!

 
At 5/29/2006 3:52 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

First ~ I love Chuck and when I saw his picture I got a lil warmer inside ~ I agree he MUST be one of us. SOOOO cute :)

Second ~ I am truly excited about your gig and know how exciting it is when things start to unfold before us. Like a flower opening we can see the fruits of our labor. That is a gift of sobriety. Service gladly rendered.

Third ~ and most importantly congrats on your times clean from alcohol and bulimia. That is the true miracle here. Sooo great.

Keep on keepin on sista friend!

G~

 
At 5/29/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Don't forget Charlie's self pity.

 
At 5/29/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

hmm epiphany time, thansk for the lightbulb! I have begun to obsess with a goal, rather than enjoy he journey.. i hope I can remember to do that...

Oh, and I can totally relate to Charlie Brown, I agree he IS one of us!

 
At 5/29/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I'm grateful to see you back blogging too!

 
At 5/30/2006 1:14 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Welcome back, I missed you.

 
At 5/30/2006 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Wow, the packaging looks great, SC!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

hey Soberchickie,
Just passing it on... psychbaby.com

 
At 5/31/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

And Charlie Brown has Lucy, right?

I have an advice stand 5 cents...

You are so wonderfully creative.

hugs--

 
At 6/01/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

great job sober chic, the packages look great!! where can I buy them????
I love this post. Its sooo positive and I am sooo happy for you!
this is the 1st time I was able to post on your blogg
for awhile it wouldnt let me post, it would just stay stuck
I am sooo glad I can now
take care and have a good day
PS now that you pointed that out about Charlie Brown, I think you are right

 
At 6/07/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

That packaging is fantastic! Your year is just around the corner!

 
At 6/09/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At 7/21/2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home