Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

hAAppy HNT - I see me



hAAppy HNT!

Today I can look into the mirror and ACCEPT the reflection looking back at me. Today I can LIVE IN THE MOMENT -- my photography helps me with this. A picture captures a heartbeat in time. It is a reflection, a little piece of life timeline. This little piece has many other pieces. Each piece is very important. Together they string a unit. We are all a unit in life. We need each other to allow for the string to exist. Sometimes our strings snap, but we can become a "part of" the line again, it is always there.

My life is filled with completeness, just for today. Although I am not where I want to be, I am not where I was. I can live in today and not fear things that "could be."

BUZE-BEE
We are in production of an annual catalog event at work. I am pulling in a lot of hours. In addition I have a client that returned back into the country -- hence am working on launching one of my packaging designs. Because I am sober and abstinant from bulimia, my life does not revolve around it. I use to plan everything around my drink and food BPs (binge/purges). Today, I have time . . .

Check out some of my packaging layouts coming out: Here and Here.

I will catch up on everyone's blogs this weekend. I look forward to this. Today I am grateful for your presence in my recovery, for sharing love and support, and for suiting and showing up, no matter how much it hurts sometimes.

It's GREAT to be Alive!

19 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

You are so beautiful...
Inside and out...
Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 5/18/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

Nice work, thanks for the post now we will know you have been a bzb

 
At 5/18/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

nice pix

 
At 5/18/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

I agree! It is great to be alive. It is great to be in recovery. To have a new serenity, to have those around you who do not judge you and support you, those you can share your innermost feelings with and feel safe. To be able to make the changes needed in my life that I can see actually make a difference! I can change me for the better! To finally know what I want and make moves to get it! I finally know and discover ME and be happy with me!

Thank you for the great comments you left me!

 
At 5/18/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

We just got a kitten, my first ever..she is getting along ok with my lab. Santa Claus kills me lol

 
At 5/19/2006 5:15 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Great pics.....thanks for the reminder about time that was good.

 
At 5/19/2006 5:23 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

our meeting topic on Wednesday was the "Just for Today" pamphlet--have you seen it?

good for you finding the time and way to care for you

have a wonderful weekend

 
At 5/19/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

That's an awesome post! Recovery of mind and body is beautiful and so are you! Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/19/2006 9:51 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

OMG - You are SO freakin' talented! I LOVE the work you've done on your packaging layouts. Just too, too, cute!!

And on a less gushy note, thanks for this post. It's obvious that you're growing so much, and gaining so much strength. You have a beautiful spirit which comes through in your writing. Thank you for sharing this with all of us in the blogging sphere.

 
At 5/19/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I look forward to reading your blog-it is so positive and inspiring! You are doing awesome! BTW-the sushi layout was my favorite.

 
At 5/20/2006 2:18 AM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

I love the photo of you taking a photo.

 
At 5/20/2006 6:20 AM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Hey I see you too.
JJ

 
At 5/20/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

I have also posted about photography keeping me in the moment. It is truly a wonderful tool. I love to follow around the kids and my doggies. The kids you can not beat for being in the moment. They are sooo funny.

Be well,
G~

 
At 5/23/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Where's sober chick?

 
At 5/24/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

where are you??? miss you! come back!
hope you are having a good day!

 
At 5/24/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

I love your photos.... such a great palce youre in spiritually.... sounds liek you've got some humility going there... ya know who and what ya are, where you've beena nd where youre going... beautiful!

peace to you

 
At 5/25/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger lash505 tells all . . .

Alright, Kick some ass...

 
At 5/26/2006 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Hey beautiful blogger buddy..miss ya!
Hope all is well in your world:)

 
At 7/21/2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home