Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Friday, June 16, 2006

God Shot this morning

I usually stop by Starbucks before getting on the freeway and going to work. There is this really nice woman that works there. As she was ringing me out she commented on my necklace and said she had one like the middle, the triangle. Turns out she got sober in 93. Isn't that cool, I love when I discover someone in the program that was right under my nose. God is awesome!

I am sooo tired. I think I am being a cake whore this week. I am blessed to be a part of the Fellowship, to have entered the rooms and stayed -- just for today. Alice gave me my first cake at Ed's meeting on Tuesday, then I went to Casa last night and had 2 sober sisters give me my cake. Tonight my family will be giving me this honor at the big Crown City meeting (this was my first AA meeting ever), and tomorrow morning will be my sponsor and more sober sistas at the Sunrise meeting!

I fell in love with your pain and your joy. Last night was a prime event. The speaker at the Women's Stag is such a miracle. Her story gives me hope to those so lost on the Earth (um, my Dad). Some of her wreackage include rape, killing a man, having her childen live in crack houses . . . She told her story and smiled so much when telling, getting lost in the NOW. Why? Her daughter and grandbaby were there -- because of the Fellowship and GOD she is able to be a mom today, and do God's Will. She is able to use her past and help those still suffering. She is able to live free from that life that once was. My heart hurts that she experienced such horrible events in her life. No one should ever be exposed to such ugliness, but these are actual events that happen today, and will continue to many lost souls -- so much pain, we just want to be a part of and loved unconditionally. God kept her, did not give up and I am thankful that her life was spared . . .

todAAy i am thAAnkful & so grAAteful:
- the speaker, C last night at Casa and for her willingness and courage to tell her story
- for ALL of your birthday wishes. I speak about our wonderful online recovery forums and encourage others to be a part of.
- for the 2 other annual birthdays celebrated last night -- and little Yvette, only 18 years old and taking a cake.
- Casa De Las Amigas: these grounds are sacred, God has blessed this place so women have a place to go, a place to call home. This is where I grew up, internally. It is my home forever.
- the God shot this morning
- for my animals, that their shanan-agons can put me back into the NOW!
- that you have told me to "Keep coming Back"
- that I get to see heros and miracles everyday in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Bill W & Dr. Bob -- that God used them to help so many (thank you men for listening)
- the Oxford Group
- for 2DAY!

11 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

I bet that was a moving lead.... The miracles of recovery never cease to amaze me. I am glad you have some many people who love you and love to celebrate your recovery with you! You're a blessed gal!

 
At 6/16/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

it is sooo important to remember where we came from, or where we could go, thanks for sharing about the speaker meeting
I just love ya SC have a great weekend happy birthday again!

 
At 6/16/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Have I told you lately how great you are? If I haven't consider yourself told. Congratulations again.
I see you and an awesome necklace. I want one.
JJ

 
At 6/16/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Happy Birthday, Sober Chick! Your grAAtitudes brought tears to my eyes. This program is a miracle. I just started connecting online to others in recovery -- gotta support and be supported in every nook and cranny of life! Blessings to you and CONGRATULATIONS again!

 
At 6/16/2006 3:40 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

 
At 6/16/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

It is wonderful to be blessed enough to watch all of the miracles on a daily basis.

 
At 6/16/2006 6:30 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

To hear another alcoholic/addict tell the story of the hell they lived and see how they are now is a gift. We see and hear things that so many will never know. Tanks Chic

 
At 6/17/2006 4:48 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Yes, God is awesome.

 
At 6/17/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Isn't He amazing!

 
At 6/18/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Thanks for sharing that wonderful-ness. and you!

 
At 6/18/2006 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Nice Sobriety Bling Twista Sista :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home