Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Sober Casting 4 the 21st Century


I am so grateful that I have come accross this healthy entity of onLine recovery. Back in the day when Bill and Dr. Bob were giving the message away I bet they never would have imagined this (us, here, right now). Now, I am not suggeting that this replace the meetings of AA, the 12 steps and all that jazz (that which allows us to walk our own defined spiritual journey), I am expressing how exciting it is to be a part of this "sobriety society" thanx dAAve. There is absolute no such replacement for the human interaction of one alcoholic speaking to another.

The Recovery forums allows us to journal and share our experience, strength and hope in a "different" way. I did not write about all that mumble jumble stuff in my head until I became willing in these blog forums. I saw you get honest; I wanted this! I saw you on a bad day but you continued to walk; I wanted this! I saw you support each other; I wanted this! I saw you made each other laugh; I wanted this! I saw your gratitude towards life; and yes, I wanted this too!

I am so fortunate that my career involves technology. When I am at work I am able to get plugged into Alcoholics Anonymous. Sometimes I give myself a break and play jazz or, um, my "Just a Kid" playlist. But I am usually surfing on XA Speakers downloading a QT audio file to feed my mind. Today I discovered that there is a Recovery Podcast of Joe and Charlie and a few other step studies on iTunes. SAWEEEET! I have recovery at my finger tips, it is ubiquitous.

And with that, I decided to put my alcoholic 2 sense in. Ha!


tonight i am thAAnkful & grAAteful 4:
* HNT and all the laughs I got
* That feeling of eupohoria I get from laughter
* All the new people that stop by my blog and express a reaction
* The rain pouring outside -- listening to the rain drops dance on the ground
* Alice, my sober sister that I truly feel God wanted me to meet. I will save this story for another day.
* The 3rd Step prayer and prayer alone.
* That I am working on my meditation, trusting it is a process to my spiritual growth

* Joe and Charlie Big Book Study
* That is fridAAy and I am looking forward to waking up early and hanging out at bean Town with Mitch
* For all the recovery onLine and how each day I look forward to learning from you and about you. :)

9 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Have a great weekend.

 
At 4/15/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I love your attitude...Happy Easter!

 
At 4/15/2006 7:54 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

Thanks for adding your 2 sense.

 
At 4/15/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Wow! Your light just keeps getting brighter and brighter!

 
At 4/17/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Thank you for sharing!

 
At 4/18/2006 6:00 AM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

AWESOME! LOVE to 'hear' your smile!

 
At 4/18/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

I have blog envy now. I wish I'd never clicked on your blog link. Grr. Grr. Kidding.

Nice place you got here.

How did you get all the groovy colours and the pic into the template?

Keep on keepin' on, sweetie.

:-)

Kenny
x

 
At 4/18/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

Online recovery has totally changed my program. I have met so manye great friends online, including you. It's just comforting to know that all around the world, there are people finding the same joys and difficulties I am, and staying sober in spite. Check out: www.recoveryuniverse.com

peace

 
At 4/18/2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I love that you included the rain on your list..you are fab!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home