Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

God + Recovery = Gratitude

I went to Ed's meeting last night. I shared and was honest about my "funk." I felt vulnerable, isolated in a room full of 12 other alcoholics. It's like I can't let anyone see that I am feeling sad or anything else besides a happy, joyous and free recovering alcoholic. I feel that I have to wear a smile on my face and create the illusion that I am working a "Perfect" program.

I know this will pass. I have to remind myself this entire thing is a process. I was instructed to begin making gratitude lists. I see many of you online recovering peeps do this. I will attempt to follow in your footsteps.

todAAy i am grAAteful 4:



~ Budda Belly and our morning routine. She hangs out with my in the bathroom while I get ready 4 work.
~ Ed's Meeting: Alice D and her hug last night and the few words "How's my girl?" & Jimmy C, 4 making me laugh and feel welcomed last night.
~ My animals and each night they wake me up because of nocturnal behavior
~ That today is my Friday. Taking the next 2 days off to celebrate Mitch and my 2 year anniversary. Seems like we have been together so much longer. Guess that is what happens when Alcoholic meets Al-Anon. LOL
~ Bootcamp and the soreness I feel today from the Murph Circuit training (Apparently Murph did these with a 45 pound bullet proof vest and regular gear during war, TORTURE!!!)
~ All the onLine peeps in recovery and showing me, one day at a time, how it is done.
~ The new blogging Peeps I am meeting
~ The new coffee machine in the lobby that is free, 10 flavors and frothy. WOW, I am in Heaven!
~ Weekly dinner at Tidal Wave with Mitch. I embrace the Czardas live music. This is one of my favorites they play:

9 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger slobber tells all . . .

keep up the good work!

 
At 3/29/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

I know all about the "putting on a smile" thing.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 3/29/2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

It sounds like you suffer from comparing your insides to others' outsides... everyone is in the same boat here. One drink away from a drunk. One day at a time.

 
At 3/29/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

I'm grateful that you post the truth....

I'm grateful for your kind words on my blog.

I'm grateful that your profile that says: "I am ok now, I have God!"

Mike

 
At 3/29/2006 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Good list and great cat!

I hope you feel happier soon.

 
At 3/30/2006 4:53 AM, Blogger madameplushbottom tells all . . .

Mary Christine hit the nail on the head and you also saw that in my list of things about me. You asked how I stop doing that. The answer is this... progress, not perfection. When I find myself looking at someone and comparing my insides to their outsides I catch myself and tell myself to stop. The second thing I do is go talk to that person... especially if its a recovery person and say, I am feeling ____ what did you do when you felt like that? I think you will be amazed to find that most of your feelings are not unique. This too shall pass. Take gentle care. I'm adding you to my lil blog roll. :)

 
At 3/30/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

Hi everyone, I just wanna say how much you mean to mean that you make time and check out my blog. I speak about you wonderful recovery support team to the fellowship I participate out here in S. California.

You all are so beautiful!

 
At 3/30/2006 5:32 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

You defnitely have lots to be grateful-don't ever forget.

 
At 3/31/2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

oooohhhhh I love kitties xoxoxox
yours is a real beauty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home