Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Rainy Day but not on my soul


I slept all night on of the windows open so I can hear the rain fall during my dreams. It is raining again this morning, have my coffee here, my animals are roaming about and I have a clear conscious. I feel so much love around me.

We went to Crossfit last night and every body part is so sore. I love Eric's motivation and everyone who was there to benefit their health. My ideas about training in the gym have totally changed -- no more weight lifting or using the cardio machines. I cannot measure my level of fitness and have come to the realization how weak my core is. The willingness to change my ideas and walk through the fear of a "different" type of physical fitness program than the one I only knew is a result of the being in the program. Before it would be my way is the only way. Ha!

todAAy i am thankful and grateful 4:
* God's love and grace
* Being Teachable and being wrong

* Being a woman, my height and my freckles
* The beautiful rainfall
* Bootcamp
* My health and ability to have all body parts functioning
* Hope and those who have walked the path before me
* Budda, Asia, Boo Bear, Nic and Olive
* Mitch and that feeling I get when I see him smile
* Sadness so I can appreciate when I am happy
* All the onLine blogging recovery PEEPS!

7 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

It all sounds good. Love sleeping while the rain falls.

 
At 4/01/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

I too love sleeping while it is raining out. I actually have one of those sound machines that makes all different noises...rain being one of them.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 4/01/2006 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

I'm sleeping with the window open tonight because the spring peepers (little frogs) have returned. They are only just starting--in a couple of weeks I'll have to close the window they will be so noisy. But they are a sure sign of spring for me!

 
At 4/02/2006 5:59 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

I love to lie in bed, or on the couch with the windows open during a nice soft rainfall. I am looking forward to when we can do that again. Spring has made its presence felt here finally!

I too have been getting back to taking better care of myself. I just use the tredmill and do sit-ups/crunches. I guess that's a bit of an old fashioned approach but it seems to be working so far... There's 9 fewer lbs of me now!

 
At 4/03/2006 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

recovery peeps...lol
right on sista!

 
At 4/03/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I love the sound of nature when I sleep... that post made me relax !!!! happy mondaay

 
At 4/03/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

So many people cannot adapt or are willing to change. You go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home