Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Checking In . . .

Have a migrane tonight. My head has been pounding all day. Boot Camp helped for a bit, had no time to feel my head pain. There was other pain to focus on! LOL

I am feeling better today. I was able to break down the other night. I layed in bed, turned over and cried, for no reason. This is so weird. Mitch has been so supportive, again, why am I feeling so sad? I have not one thing to be in the gloom about.

Friday I commited to plans with Mel and Alexis. I did not want to go. I wanted to stay home, alone, naving on my Mac. I went. We ended having dinner in S. Pasadena at the Cheese Cake Factory. It was wondeful. I am so glad I went. These girls are so special to me. We are among the handful that are still clean and sober from the 30 something girls that were in the house 9 months ago.

Mel was telling me (she read this) that at the 9 month mark a woman experiences a stage of "funk." Many of the girls from the recovery home we went to are out, gone, relapsed just before the year mark. This is such a scary fact. You know, although I feel so sad I do not have the obsession to act out on any of my old behaviors. I am still exploring this state of depression and am grateful for everyone's feedback -- whether it is for or against. I know the topic in AA is touchy.

I will blog you all back soon. I want to tonight, but my head is pounding and nasea is lurking in the background.

Still sober and Abstiant and still grateful through the clouds that hover above me.

5 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 4:05 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Headaches are hard! Take care of yourself!!

 
At 3/21/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

I get into funks all the time. It sucks! Hope your headache is better.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 3/21/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Nothing looks right through migraine eyes... be kind to yourself.

 
At 3/22/2006 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

While in limbo why not call it a slow dance instead in your journey to getting to know yourself better.
I hope your headache is better:)
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 3/25/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Joe Rutland tells all . . .

You take care of yourself, Sober Chick. I am soooo glad you are one of those handful of women who are still in the Steps and spirituality. I think that's awesome. Just letting you know that you are not alone in dealing with life with the help of God, Big Book and a whole family of friends ... hell, even people I've never, ever met ... like YOU! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home