Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Checking In . . .

Have a migrane tonight. My head has been pounding all day. Boot Camp helped for a bit, had no time to feel my head pain. There was other pain to focus on! LOL

I am feeling better today. I was able to break down the other night. I layed in bed, turned over and cried, for no reason. This is so weird. Mitch has been so supportive, again, why am I feeling so sad? I have not one thing to be in the gloom about.

Friday I commited to plans with Mel and Alexis. I did not want to go. I wanted to stay home, alone, naving on my Mac. I went. We ended having dinner in S. Pasadena at the Cheese Cake Factory. It was wondeful. I am so glad I went. These girls are so special to me. We are among the handful that are still clean and sober from the 30 something girls that were in the house 9 months ago.

Mel was telling me (she read this) that at the 9 month mark a woman experiences a stage of "funk." Many of the girls from the recovery home we went to are out, gone, relapsed just before the year mark. This is such a scary fact. You know, although I feel so sad I do not have the obsession to act out on any of my old behaviors. I am still exploring this state of depression and am grateful for everyone's feedback -- whether it is for or against. I know the topic in AA is touchy.

I will blog you all back soon. I want to tonight, but my head is pounding and nasea is lurking in the background.

Still sober and Abstiant and still grateful through the clouds that hover above me.

6 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 4:05 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Headaches are hard! Take care of yourself!!

 
At 3/21/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH tells all . . .

I get into funks all the time. It sucks! Hope your headache is better.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 3/21/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Nothing looks right through migraine eyes... be kind to yourself.

 
At 3/22/2006 10:55 AM, Blogger sirreene tells all . . .

By all means consult with a therapist. A women in your AA group should be able to recommend someone. There is no reason not to take medication if it is necessary. We do not ask diabetics to go without insulin.

 
At 3/22/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Tab tells all . . .

While in limbo why not call it a slow dance instead in your journey to getting to know yourself better.
I hope your headache is better:)
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 3/25/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Joe tells all . . .

You take care of yourself, Sober Chick. I am soooo glad you are one of those handful of women who are still in the Steps and spirituality. I think that's awesome. Just letting you know that you are not alone in dealing with life with the help of God, Big Book and a whole family of friends ... hell, even people I've never, ever met ... like YOU! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home