Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, March 13, 2006

9 Months!!!

My truck is sick and did not start this morning. My brother is coming by after work to trouble shoot it. Meanwhile, I get a day off from work! The day is beautiful here. The rain cleared away all the smog. I am in the office and it looks like the Foothills are in our backyard.

Went to a meeting yesterday morning and was lifted from mini funk. You all are so right -- I have not been able to get to meetings lately and finally being there was medicine. I saw some of my sober sisters and heard some great messages.


Today marks my 9 months!!! This makes me feel wonderful. I remember sitting at my 2nd AA meeting ever and learning that I could never drink again, that is I can but not safely. That scared the $%&# out of me. Never drink again, me, no way. I had a bottle of RUM in my glove waiting for me after the meeting. That single thought was such a high. HOWEVER, once that first drink entered my body all happy illusions were proven to be ill.

I am truly grateful for all your messages. Opening it up put a grand smile on my face and I feel really special, that I truly belong and like Scott mentioned, I am reminded that I am not alone.

8 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Congratulations on 9 months. I'm proud of you sista!
I see you,
JJ

 
At 3/13/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Yay Sober Chick! Nine Months is a long time without a drink! Congrats and keep it up! :)

 
At 3/13/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

WoooHooo. Way to Go! Keep on keeping on!

 
At 3/13/2006 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Congratulations on 9 months, Sober Chick , and thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At 3/13/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

wooohooo happy happy birthday gurl!!!! YEAH!!!! 9 months... glad you got to enjoy your day!

 
At 3/14/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

Congrats on your 9 mos sober! I am happy for ya, girl! It feels great, doesn't it? Keep goin'!

 
At 3/16/2006 10:34 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

Hey, this is great!

 
At 3/17/2006 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

Hi there,

I have been reading you for a bit. Congratulations. I just put a new engine in my truck - $5350CAN for a total rebuild. Oach. Am struggling myself with recovery. Stop by my journal if interested.

Thanks. Peace, love and happiness,

sickgirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home