Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Grateful

Last year at this time I was gonna get fired by the end of the week for my attitude. I was drinking at 7 in the morning by then and on the job. Today I have no shame of this event, and am humbled by it. Today I have another chance, working for a corporation that knows I am a sober member of AA. I was here only 2 months when I told my supervisor I was leaving the next day and why. That was my first experience of letting someone, besides Mitch, know the truth. I received support, and to my surprise, they wanted me, a drunk, a selfish and self centered jerk, to come back.

~ I am grateful today for this job
~ For Alexis and Mel, I laughed so much with you. I love u women
~ For Mel's SIA meeting, it allows me to give back and support her
~ Eating 4 slices of pizza yesterday and not having any guilt or thought to get rid of it
~ Actually being happy and content during my first sober Holiday season, I made it and had a grand time!
~ My animals, except when Nic got too happy and squirted us with anal glands. Yuck!
~ A second chance
~ The blogging community and HNT

I just bought a new laptop this morning with my own money. I don't owe anything! She comes in 2 days. I love Apple. I like pretty things that cost a lot of money -- yes, I am a sick being!

3 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

um Nic squirted you with anal glands... a rabbit? ahahahha gross... thanks for sharing... you crack me up... love your attitude

 
At 1/04/2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

ewwwwww.... squirting with anal glands.... YUCK!

Glad you're here.

 
At 1/14/2006 6:21 AM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

Where you at, Girl?!?!

Happy Saturday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home