Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Feeling of Wholesome

Checking in after a while and still on the right path. So many miracles have happened since my last post -- I wish I can tell them all. I have been so busy with work, but am finally slowing down.

BROKEN
Last year I was jobless after being fired as a cause of my attitude. I was so sick then. Today I am employable. My supervisors know I am a sober member of AA and support me. My creativity and confidence is climbing. I am amazed at what I produce here. Got a raise today after my review a few weeks ago. I am content here, but aware of the deadliness of compliancy.

I am on Weight Watchers again. Initially I began with the goal of loosing my Holiday weight. Now I like the lifestyle. I love that feeling of nurturing my body. Something is happening to me -- I feel wholesome in my body. I feel so beautiful within, I can actually breath.

I am not just living anymore, I am ALIVE. The speaker at Crown City Friday described his existence before AA as a dog on the freeway; has no business there; fearful; avoiding life around the path of life . . . This speaker was amazing and I want all of you to hear. I bought his CD (Crown sells them for 5 bucks) and will post it next week.

I am so in love with this fellowship. I am grateful that I was borne with this physical allergy and mental self-centeredness. I can see through all those clouds that fogged my path for once -- I have purpose today.

Still sober and abstinent -- have not cut too in 3 months! :) Thank you God for my life today! Thank you AA for being my skin.

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

It does sound like God is working in your life.

 
At 1/17/2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

Happy for you!

happy day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home