Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Painting



We have begun the process of painting our home now. It looks like this is gonna take a few more weekends. We started in the master bedroom. My mom has offered to help us, this is her expertise. My mom is the kind of woman that puts her own breaks on, changes her oil, sparkplugs, knocks down walls in her home at 2:00 am in the morning to merge 2 rooms and so much more. She is a handy woman, and I love her for that. However for the girlie things I had to seek this on my own, it is ok, I am over it and thankful today that I have my mom in my life and truly love her for what she is.

Mitch has learned a lot, he is not handy around the house. However when it comes to setting up our internal server, wires and things like that he is a pro. My job is staying out of trouble, espically this weekend. Yup, I am blogging now with the Jetsons playing on my dual monitor. I was helping but making more work, LOL, hey I am not perfect.


I did however reorganize our kitchen and did some gardening this weekend. I am cool. I am enjoying pet sitting. We have my brother's dog here (the biggest one) Dr. Bear (my mom is taking care of her "grand doggie this weekend hence why he is here) and tonight I begin pet sitting our neighbor's 2 black cats. I love animals!

grAAtitude right here!
- My Mom
- Being in Love
- the plants I have adopted are taking to my love and nurturing
- eMail from my sponsor
- Recovery girl's night out with Alexis and Mel
- 14 months + of sobriety
- that soon the Holidays will be here
- that I look like a mess from working on the house and don't mind at all
- having Dr Bear here
- my 4 legged babies
- fresh air
- the recovery peeps that visit my blog and read about my life
- my brilliant God

20 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Wow. That is a lot of work, but oh, so rewarding.

 
At 8/28/2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

oh happy painting:)
great list too!!! as always!!
thanks for sharing~

 
At 8/28/2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

oh happy painting:)
great list too!!! as always!!
thanks for sharing~

 
At 8/28/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger jake tells all . . .

great job....you give me hope...

 
At 8/28/2006 4:09 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I make a bigger mess when I paint. My dad wouldn't let me paint when he was.

 
At 8/28/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Your sweetie is HOT! He looks like he's doing a good job and I laughed my buns off that you're blogging while he's painting ... that's how it goes in my house too. My hubby is a perfectionist painter and I'm WAY impatient so we've learned it's better I "help" elsewhere while he's doing the actual work. :)

LOVE photos of furry ones! Also that your relationship with your Mom is mending and strengthening -- what a beautiful, important gift. Your gratitudes rock. And so do you!

 
At 8/28/2006 5:57 PM, Blogger Redhead Gal tells all . . .

The dog I had when I was a kid looked just like that one...it's Spike reincarnated!

 
At 8/28/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Petutes tells all . . .

projects around the house can be soothing! Thanks for the gratitude list-great reminder!
:-)

 
At 8/28/2006 10:18 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown tells all . . .

You have drywall! I'm jealous.

 
At 8/29/2006 4:03 AM, Blogger Trudging tells all . . .

First, very cute pics. Second, I have been trying to convice my husband to knock down some walls around here. Can your Mom come visit me. New England is awesome in the fall.

 
At 8/29/2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Handsome dude, and no I'm not talking about the puppy! Lot's of work. Have fun and it will be so awesome when you are done.

 
At 8/29/2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

he, tell Mitch not to feel bad, I am not so handy around the house either, and I really suck at computer networking. However,I did set up my office computer and got my laptop set up as a network machine so, there ya go... I can say one thing... owning a home has made me more handy, repairs cost too damn much and I am cheaper than I am "non-handy..."

 
At 8/29/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Cute pup and cute Mitch! And such high ceilings in the bedroom.

 
At 8/30/2006 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous tells all . . .

that t-shirt Mitch is wearing is so cool!

 
At 8/30/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

how awesome to see your Mom for who she is instead of who you might want her to be, its powerful

 
At 8/30/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

I love your insights, your shares, your grAAtitude lists!!! I feel like I've been to a meeting! Thanks!

 
At 8/31/2006 5:56 AM, Blogger Pam Jarnagin tells all . . .

LOVE this:
"I am ... thankful today that I have my mom in my life and truly love her for what she is."

That has to be the most wonderful gift to BOTH of you. So cool.

 
At 8/31/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger tkdjunkie tells all . . .

Whew! Painting is tougher than it looks! Good luck & have fun :)

 
At 9/02/2006 3:57 AM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

I am a messy painter too. I just make sure everything is covered up ;) Sometimes I don't have the patience to wait for the hubby to do it so I just do it myself. Icky!

 
At 9/02/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London tells all . . .

I do so love that shade of blue..it so becomes you, my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home