Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

In year 2

I am dizzy from this weekend. Friday night at Crown City was comical but amazing. My family is quite a circus, but I am blessed that they are my family. I had 1 minute to jabber some non-sense. Before I spoke I kept asking God to speak through me. As I got up to the podium the words were guided by my HP, truly amazing! I felt it.

My homegroup gave me a 1 year medallion. I put it in the beautiful heart shaped silver holder my brother and his fiance gave me. Inscribed on it: "2006, 1 yr. Sober Brat." My mom got me this beautiful silver jewerly case, inscribed it says "Christina, The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. Love Mom. 6-16-06. This is big for my Mom to express her emotions to me. Life has made her really hard, her method of survival is not of the nurturing type. She gave me a rosary at the meeting, blessed with a prayer from her. This is HUGE!!! You see, anytime my mom would speak of God, all my life, I ended the conversation right there.

I had to seek God through a hopeless state of mind. My family could not teach me God. I could not find him in a book. I am forever grateful to the Fellowship for helping me find my Higher Power, God. Now I need to work on getting the roles straight, I do mix his job and mine.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you Daddies!

2dAAy i am thAAnkful & grAAteful:
- the energy of my sponsor
- Mel D's love of a sober sister
- to feel the presence of God in my life
- that I no longer fear the idea that I can never drink again safely
- for our new bed from my Mom
- Domo Kun
- Mitch, our 4 cats, Budda, Nic, Asia & Boo Bear & our old lady Olive
- My mom, bro, aunt Ona, Trish
- Coyote Ugly re-runs
- You!

15 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ tells all . . .

Happy Sober Birthday!!!! I love your blog! Wonderful to find your HP too ain't it!!!

 
At 6/19/2006 6:16 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes tells all . . .

how beautiful! Your medaliion and YOU!

 
At 6/19/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Scott M. Frey tells all . . .

I am sittin here just grinning, enjoying the mircale of another sober alcoholic recovering! I love it, thanks for sharing!

 
At 6/19/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Carly tells all . . .

Thank you for showing us your beautiful 1-year medallion and congrats again! Your post made me cry, those warm tingly tears of utter joy I never had before AA.

 
At 6/19/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Unknown tells all . . .

Your piece looks great in that beautiful case. Nobody in my family ever said anything about my recovery time. They have no concept of the struggle of sobriety. You my darling Chick are very blessed. Your piece looks exactly as it should ~ very special;)

Blessings and HUGE hugs,
Gwen~

 
At 6/19/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Mary Christine tells all . . .

Wow. You just ruined my eye make-up! Thanks for sharing.

You also reminded me that my father sent me flowers in a brass pot for my 1st birthday, I still have that pot in my house and I needed to remember where I got it.

Thanks! <3 (that's a heart)

 
At 6/19/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

GREAT stuff!!
beautiful gifts from your family, but you gve them a great gift too

 
At 6/19/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Rex tells all . . .

Congrats on one year. That is awesome. Sounds like you have lots of family support.

 
At 6/19/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

Absolutely beautiful. Glad to hear about the steps your mom took.

 
At 6/19/2006 8:42 PM, Blogger Tennessee Santa tells all . . .

You have found how wonderful your family really is, I am happy for you and congrats again on your first year. Tehy told me when I got my first one in that I had to really go to work on my program. Thank You for the fathers day wishes.

 
At 6/20/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

bigskymack, that is what my sponsor told me. :) Year 2 is the year whether I stay or go. This is such a precious gift and I want to keep it. I know though that I need to do ACTION! This is good to hear again adn again, I need repetition to get IT sometimes.

THank you for all your support, it is becuz you are here I must be accountable. If I did not have you, I would not have anyone to answer to. Yes I have God, but you are the ones that carry His message. Thank you for your love!


HUGS!!!

 
At 6/20/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Scott W tells all . . .

Your light is shining brightly. Keep it nourished and it will light the way for years of steps, one at a time, one day at a time.

 
At 6/20/2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

this post made me smile SC! I laughed too about getting Gods job and my job mixed up I soo do that too LOL its better than it was
I am glad you had a good time... and keep on keeping on... hugs

 
At 6/21/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Sunshine tells all . . .

Happy Birthday! What an awesome celebration and healing of families! : ) You are wonderful!

 
At 6/22/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

Love the locket.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home