Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Friday, April 28, 2006

God Shot

Last night the comittee in my head were negotiating -- uh oh. One of my, um, "character defects" happens to be spending money. My spending habits, since in recovery, have become some-what controlled. Sometimes they like to pop up -- I am powerless in Target. It is like the liquor store & I get in trouble there.

Anyhow, Mentally I was pumped to go to Boot Camp before the committe started session. The negotiations were between Boot Camp and shopping. Nevermind that I just cleaned my closet out of things I have bought, wore once and are packed in the garage waiting to be donated. If I really look hard, I have all I really need in my closet.

I closed the comittee down and went to Boot Camp (thank you God 4 the courage). I drove to the location. We were going off site to the Mt. Wilson Trail, so I parked my truck and got out to stretch while waiting for everyone to show. As I was stretching one of the Boot Campers comments on my license plate:



He said, "Right On." It turns out that he celebrates his first year of sobriety TODAY. Is this coincidence? I think not. We got to talk a little (b4 BC coach kicked us into gear). I was even more mentally fueled after this conversation. I applied this to my circuit training work out - YAAAAAAAAAH!

My God is so awesome. I feel the experience yesterday was his way of giving me a HIGH 5! So many wonderful things are happening at this time. Katy celebrate here 30 days today towards her struggle (and now victory) with food. My little sober sister celebrates her year May 5th; Mel gets her 1st June 5th and mine will be shortly after that. I am amazed that out of such Ugliness (the Dzs) so many wonderful things can happen.

todAAy i am thAAnkful & grAAteful 4:
- when I discover another alcoholic (in recovery) in my life there is this luminous energy that touches my soul
- Katy's post yesterday. She celebrates 30 days TODAY (in the success from binging). Her courage and energy in her recovery is refreshing.
- that tonight I am having dinner with my sober sisters at Tidal Wave. I look forward to laughing and the process of breaking down my FEAR of being a friend.
- Weight Watchers and the structure it gives me to my food intake
- today is Friday, I am leaving work early (to get my Crown put on) and that I can be honest with my supervisor and tell him I am calling in sick Monday but I really won't be sick.
- for my job. Last year I was falling so ill to my Dz. In one month I would announce my problem to Toby, my supervisor (mind you I was just hired a month ago last year at this time), and this was my first humbling experience. My employer wanted to help. My job was held as I went into treatment. I get tears writing this, because I am truly grateful and so blessed.
- my Mr. Incredible and our babies
- the great emails from mary christine, enjoytoday & JJ

5 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

I love God shots! God knows when we need em too... weather we know or not is a differnt story! HA
i love your lisence plate too...
have a wonderful Fridaay!

 
At 4/28/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger dAAve tells all . . .

thank you for all of this

 
At 4/28/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger butterflygirl tells all . . .

I love your license plate. (I know the difficulty with Target.)

 
At 4/29/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Mike tells all . . .

It took me way too too long to figure out the license plate.

Whew..... Ok, I'm still foggy from a Nap. Nothing a little caffeine won't fix.

 
At 4/29/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger JJ tells all . . .

Your license plate ROCKS!
I see you,
JJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home