Sober Chick

Here are the unleashed pages of a sober chick in recovery. My journey (date of sobriety) began on June 13th, 2005. For 29 years of my life I was spiritually sick. Emotinally defeated by drunken black-outs, bulimic binging and purging episodes and self-mutilation, I finally surrendered.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boot Camp

Me, a recovering bulimic and alcoholic, doing the Boot Camp thing. Last week come Wednesday, I could not even walk, feeling as if struck my a vehicle. Running in the gym for 40 minutes on the elliptical like a hamster in its cage does not even compare! Needless to say, I fell in love with this new discipline.

After each session of BC I feel so high, like I just took a swipe of something. My body is so addicted to that feeling, that euphoria. I use to get this from purging and drinking. Spiritually I am learning to receive it, but to be pushed and to push my own body to physical greatness is prime. I need that physical feeling. Looking back, I needed this since a child. I loved bruises, cuts, scars. Sports allowed me to nurture this. I was a self-injurer before all the rest! Time to turn it around!!!

Mitch is building Eric's site. It is under construction at his testing site but here is a peek:

Elite Fitness Bootcamp


Today I have all my needs met. I want more, but am ok without. I have purpose today, a path which my feet trudge and my eyes can see the road ahead. It lingers off, but I have faith that it is there, it will be there, and day by day I get to explore it. How beautiful is that.

So my plates suggest:



Some get it right away, some don't and ask. So far I have gotten:
1. Sober 8 times (that from my supervisor, very funny)
2. Sober Brat
3. Or just, whaaaaat?

The lady at the DMV finally asked "ok, I give up, what does it say?" Then, she casually asked me, "So how long you've been 12 stepping?" I discovered she had 12 years and this was no coincidence. God work is truly brilliant!

4 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

hey gurl I am cracking up because I couldnt figure out the liscence plate... hehe and I love my elipitcal trainer at my gym... it kicks my ass and I love it... I am only up to 20 minutes.. whew!

 
At 1/31/2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster tells all . . .

LOL. I guess I should say it says "sobriety." Can you see it? :) That was my creative outlook on that but I love it is open to intepretation. Ok, BC time. Soon I won't be able to walk. BTW, 20 min still kicks ass! Excellent!!!

 
At 2/01/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Sam tells all . . .

I'd love to have some BC around here - checking into it...

Love the license plate - used to have one when I worked in a darkroom a lot: NTHEDARK (several people asked, "N T HEaD ARK???" weird...)

 
At 2/02/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Shannon tells all . . .

LOL seeing how your work outs are going... HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY he saw his shadow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home